Product Pathways - Motif Antibodies
Phospho-(Thr) MAPK/CDK Substrate Mouse mAb #2321
|W IHC-P E-P||All||Endogenous||Mouse IgM|
Reactivity Key: All=All species expected
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-(Thr) MAPK/CDK Substrate Mouse mAb detects phospho-threonine only when followed by proline. It reacts with proteins/peptides phosphorylated on the Thr-Pro motif in an otherwise highly context-independent fashion. The antibody does not cross-react with phospho-threonine in the absence of an adjacent proline. The antibody does not cross-react with phospho-tyrosine, but does react with some phospho-serine peptides containing the phospho-serine-proline motif (e.g., phospho-Elk-1). (U.S. Patent No's.: 6,441,140; 6,982,318; 7,259,022; 7,344,714; U.S.S.N. 11,484,485; and all foreign equivalents.)
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with synthetic phospho-threonine-proline-containing peptides . This antibody is a mouse IgM clone and can be recognized by anti-mouse Ig (whole molecule) secondary antibody. Antibody is purified by protein A chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Jurkat cells, untreated or nocodazole-treated (1 µg/ml for 12 hours prior to lysis) and subjected to 2-D gel electrophoresis, using Phospho-(Thr) MAPK/CDK Substrate Mouse mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS cells, untreated or treated with serum and okadaic acid, using Phospho-(Thr) MAPK/CDK Substrate Mouse mAb (left). The right panel shows total protein staining.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human transitional epithelial carcinoma of the bladder, using Phospho-(Thr) MAPK/CDK Substrate Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analyisis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, showing staining of proteins containing phospho-threonine-proline motifs, using Phospho-(Thr) MAPK/CDK Substrate Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma, using Phospho-(Thr) MAPK/CDK Substrate Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma control (left) or lambda phosphatase-treated (right), using Phospho-(Thr) MAPK/CDK Substrate Mouse mAb.
The MAPK and CDK families of serine/threonine protein kinases play important roles in cell signaling and cell cycle control. These kinases phosphorylate threonine or serine followed by a proline residue (1-6). To study and discover new MAPK and CDK substrates, Cell Signaling Technology has developed antibodies that bind to phospho-threonine followed by proline.
As determined by ELISA using a wide variety of phospho-Thr-Pro peptides, Phospho-(Thr) MAPK/CDK Substrate Monoclonal Antibody recognizes the phospho-Thr-Pro motif in a highly context-independent fashion. It also interacts with a broad range of phospho-Thr-Pro-containing proteins as determined by Western blot analysis of nocodazole-treated Jurkat cell extracts resolved on a 2-D gel.
- Pearson, R.B. and Kemp, B.E. (1991) Methods Enzymol 200, 62-81.
- Seger, R. and Krebs, E.G. (1995) FASEB J 9, 726-35.
- Nurse, P. (2000) Cell 100, 71-8.
- Cross, T.G. et al. (2000) Exp Cell Res 256, 34-41.
- Yang, C.C. et al. (1998) J Protein Chem 17, 329-35.
- Reynolds, C.H. et al. (2000) J Neurochem 74, 1587-95.
- Wada, T. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 30892-7. Applications: Western Blot Western Blotting
- Conover, C.A. et al. (2000) Endocrinology 141, 3098-103. Applications: Western Blotting
- Thiel, D.A. et al. (2002) Curr Biol 12, 1227-32. Applications: Western Blotting
- Monje, P. et al. (2003) Mol Cell Biol 23, 7030-43. Applications: Western Blotting
- Sugiura, R. et al. (2003) Nature 424, 961-5. Applications: Western Blotting
- Matter, N. et al. (2002) Nature 420, 691-5. Applications: Western Blotting
- Grønborg, M. et al. (2002) Mol Cell Proteomics 1, 517-27. Applications: IP
- Díaz-Rodríguez, E. et al. (2002) Mol Biol Cell 13, 2031-44. Applications: Western Blotting
- Rashid, T. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 49043-52. Applications: Western Blot
- Hall, C. et al. (2001) Mol Cell Biol 21, 1854-65. Applications: Western Blot
- Marinissen, M.J. et al. (2001) Genes Dev 15, 535-53. Applications: Western Blot
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2325 Phospho-MAPK/CDK Substrates (PXS*P or S*PXR/K) (34B2) Rabbit mAb
- 2261 Phospho-(Ser) PKC Substrate Antibody
- 2351 Phospho-Threonine-X-Arginine Antibody
- 2909 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) ATM/ATR Substrate (4F7) Rabbit mAb
- 9381 Phospho-Threonine Antibody (P-Thr-Polyclonal)
- 2851 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) ATM/ATR Substrate Antibody
- 9601 Phospho-(Ser) 14-3-3 Binding Motif Antibody
- 9441 Acetylated-Lysine Antibody
- 9614 Phospho-Akt Substrate (RXXS*/T*) (110B7E) Rabbit mAb
- 9611 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Akt Substrate Antibody
- 9624 Phospho-PKA Substrate (RRXS*/T*) (100G7E) Rabbit mAb
- 9621 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PKA Substrate Antibody
- 9631 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Phe Antibody
- 9634 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) PDK1 Docking Motif (18A2) Mouse mAb
- 9411 Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-100)
- 9615 Phospho-(Ser) Kinase Substrate Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9920 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Kinase Substrate Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3500 SignalSilence® cdc2 siRNA I
- 3600 SignalSilence® cdc2 siRNA II
- 8618 SignalSilence® CDK2 siRNA I
- 7417 SignalSilence® CDK2 siRNA II
- 6216 SignalSilence® CDK5 siRNA I
- 6217 SignalSilence® CDK5 siRNA II
- 6564 SignalSilence® p38 MAPK siRNA I
- 6243 SignalSilence® p38 MAPK siRNA II
- 6269 SignalSilence® p38α MAPK siRNA I
- 6277 SignalSilence® p38α MAPK siRNA II
- 6417 SignalSilence® p38α MAPK siRNA I (Mouse Specific)
- 6418 SignalSilence® p38α MAPK siRNA II (Mouse Specific)
- 6278 SignalSilence® p38β MAPK siRNA I
- 6279 SignalSilence® p38β MAPK siRNA II
- 6600 SignalSilence® p38δ MAPK siRNA I
- 6601 SignalSilence® p38δ MAPK siRNA II
- 6632 SignalSilence® p38γ MAPK siRNA I
- 6633 SignalSilence® p38γ MAPK siRNA II
- 6540 SignalSilence® p42 MAP Kinase (Erk2) siRNA I
- 6578 SignalSilence® p42 MAP Kinase (Erk2) siRNA II
- 6436 SignalSilence® p44 MAPK (Erk1) siRNA I
- 6560 SignalSilence® p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) siRNA
License/Use Restrictions: Use of CST Motif Antibodies within certain methods (e.g., U.S. Patent No.'s 7,198,896 & 7,300,753) may require a license from CST. For information regarding academic licensing terms please have your technology transfer office contact CST Legal Department at CST_ip@cellsignal.com. For information regarding commercial licensing terms please contact CST Pharma Services Department at email@example.com.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.