Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser221) (166F8) Rabbit mAb #2338
|W IHC-P F||H M R Mk (Dg)||Endogenous||45||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey Dg=Dog
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser 221) (166F8) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of MEK1/2 only when phosphorylated at serine 221.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser221 of human MEK1/2.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa and NIH/3T3 cells, untreated or TPA and UV-treated, using Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser221) (166F8) Rabbit mAb (upper) or MEK1/2 Antibody #9122 (lower).
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin fixed, paraffin-embedded A375 cells, untreated (left) or treated with Raf1 Kinase Inhibitor 1 (right), using Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser 221) (166F8) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, using Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser221)(166F8) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma, using Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser221) (166F8) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded prostate carcinoma, untreated (left) or lambda phosphatase-treated (right), using Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser221) (166F8) Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of Jurkat cells, untreated (blue) or PMA-treated (green), using Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser221) (166F8) Rabbit mAb compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
MEK1 and MEK2, also called MAPK or Erk kinases, are dual-specificity protein kinases that function in a mitogen activated protein kinase cascade controlling cell growth and differentiation (1-3). Activation of MEK1 and MEK2 occurs through phosphorylation of two serine residues at positions 217 and 221, located in the activation loop of subdomain VIII, by Raf-like molecules. MEK1/2 is activated by a wide variety of growth factors and cytokines and also by membrane depolarization and calcium influx (1-4). Constitutively active forms of MEK1/2 are sufficient for the transformation of NIH/3T3 cells or the differentiation of PC-12 cells (4). MEK activates p44 and p42 MAP kinase by phosphorylating both threonine and tyrosine residues at sites located within the activation loop of kinase subdomain VIII.
- Crews, C.M. et al. (1992) Science 258, 478-480.
- Alessi, D.R. et al. (1994) EMBO J. 13, 1610-1619.
- Rosen, L.B. et al. (1994) Neuron 12, 1207-1221.
- Cowley, S. et al. (1994) Cell 77, 841-852.
- Fei, Z. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 27761-8. Applications: Western Blotting
- Falco, A. et al. (2012) Oncogene , . Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 1210 Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser221) Blocking Peptide
- 9903 U0126
- 9160 MEK1/2 HeLa Control Cell Extracts
- 9120 PhosphoPlus® MEK1/2 (Ser217/221) Antibody Kit
- 9154 Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser217/221) (41G9) Rabbit mAb
- 9126 MEK1/2 (47E6) Rabbit mAb
- 4694 MEK1/2 (L38C12) Mouse mAb
- 2352 MEK1 (61B12) Mouse mAb
- 9146 MEK1 (30C8) Rabbit mAb
- 9147 MEK2 (13E3) Rabbit mAb
- 9121 Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser217/221) Antibody
- 9122 MEK1/2 Antibody
- 9124 MEK1 Antibody
- 9125 MEK2 Antibody
- 9127 Phospho-MEK1 (Thr286) Antibody
- 9128 Phospho-MEK1 (Ser298) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8211 PhosphoPlus® MEK1/2 (Ser217/Ser221) Antibody Duet
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.