Product Pathways - DNA Damage
Phospho-Chk1 (Ser317) Antibody #2344
|2344L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2344S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2344P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2344||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Rat, Monkey, Mink||Endogenous||56||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Chk1 (Ser317) Antibody detects endogenous levels of Chk1 only when phosphorylated at Ser317. The antibody does not recognize Chk1 phosphorylated at other sites.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser317 of human Chk1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa and COS cells treated with HU or UV as indicated, using Phospho-Chk1 (Ser317) Antibody.
Chk1 kinase acts downstream of ATM/ATR kinase and plays an important role in DNA damage checkpoint control, embryonic development, and tumor suppression (1). Activation of Chk1 involves phosphorylation at Ser317 and Ser345 and occurs in response to blocked DNA replication and certain forms of genotoxic stress (2). While phosphorylation at Ser345 serves to localize Chk1 to the nucleus following checkpoint activation (3), phosphorylation at Ser317 along with site-specific phosphorylation of PTEN allows for re-entry into the cell cycle following stalled DNA replication (4). Chk1 exerts its checkpoint mechanism on the cell cycle, in part, by regulating the cdc25 family of phosphatases. Chk1 phosphorylation of cdc25A targets it for proteolysis and inhibits its activity through 14-3-3 binding (5). Activated Chk1 can inactivate cdc25C via phosphorylation at Ser216, blocking the activation of cdc2 and transition into mitosis (6). Centrosomal Chk1 has been shown to phosphorylate cdc25B and inhibit its activation of CDK1-cyclin B1, thereby abrogating mitotic spindle formation and chromatin condensation (7). Furthermore, Chk1 plays a role in spindle checkpoint function through regulation of aurora B and BubR1 (8). Research studies have implicated Chk1 as a drug target for cancer therapy as its inhibition leads to cell death in many cancer cell lines (9).
- Liu, Q. et al. (2000) Genes Dev 14, 1448-59.
- Zhao, H. and Piwnica-Worms, H. (2001) Mol Cell Biol 21, 4129-39.
- Jiang, K. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 25207-17.
- Martin, S.A. and Ouchi, T. (2008) Mol Cancer Ther 7, 2509-16.
- Chen, M.S. et al. (2003) Mol Cell Biol 23, 7488-97.
- Zeng, Y. et al. (1998) Nature 395, 507-10.
- Löffler, H. et al. (2006) Cell Cycle 5, 2543-7.
- Zachos, G. et al. (2007) Dev Cell 12, 247-60.
- Garber, K. (2005) J Natl Cancer Inst 97, 1026-8.
- Heffernan , T. P. et al. (2002) Mol. Cell Biol. 22, 8552-8561. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Ward, I. M. et al. (2004) . J. Biol. Chem. 279, 9677-9680. Applications: Western Blotting, IC-IF.
- Chini, C.C. and Chen, J. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 30057-30062. Applications: Western Blotting, IC-ABC.
- Buscemi, G. et al. (2006) Mol Cell Biol 26, 7832-45. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Batchelor, E. et al. (2011) Mol Syst Biol 7, 488. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Nam, E.A. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 28707-14. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Schults, M.A. et al. (2010) J Biol Chem 285, 14558-64. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Saldivar, J.C. et al. (2012) PLoS Genet 8, e1003077. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Niziolek-Kierecka, M. et al. (2012) Chem Res Toxicol 25, 862-72. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Jarvis, I.W. et al. (2013) Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 266, 408-18. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2360 Chk1 (2G1D5) Mouse mAb
- 2345 Chk1 Antibody
- 2348 Phospho-Chk1 (Ser345) (133D3) Rabbit mAb
- 2341 Phospho-Chk1 (Ser345) Antibody
- 2349 Phospho-Chk1 (Ser296) Antibody
- 9931 Phospho-Chk1/2 Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 6241 SignalSilence® Chk1 siRNA I
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.