Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
MEK1 (61B12) Mouse mAb #2352
|2352S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2352||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:2000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||45||Mouse IgG2a|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
MEK1 (61B2) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total MEK1 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with MEK2 and other MAP kinase kinases.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with full length MEK1 proteins.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, NIH/3T3 and A431 cells, using MEK1 (61B2) Mouse mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, transfected with 100 nM SignalSilence® Control siRNA (Fluorescein Conjugate) #6201 (-) or SignalSilence® MEK1 siRNA I #6426 or SignalSilence® MEK1 siRNA II #6530 (+), using MEK1 (61B12) Mouse mAb #2352 and α-Tubulin (11H10) Rabbit mAb #2125. The MEK1 (61B12) Mouse mAb confirms silencing of MEK1 expression and α-Tubulin (11H10) Rabbit mAb is used to control for loading and specificity of MEK1 siRNA.
MEK1 and MEK2, also called MAPK or Erk kinases, are dual-specificity protein kinases that function in a mitogen activated protein kinase cascade controlling cell growth and differentiation (1-3). Activation of MEK1 and MEK2 occurs through phosphorylation of two serine residues at positions 217 and 221, located in the activation loop of subdomain VIII, by Raf-like molecules. MEK1/2 is activated by a wide variety of growth factors and cytokines and also by membrane depolarization and calcium influx (1-4). Constitutively active forms of MEK1/2 are sufficient for the transformation of NIH/3T3 cells or the differentiation of PC-12 cells (4). MEK activates p44 and p42 MAP kinase by phosphorylating both threonine and tyrosine residues at sites located within the activation loop of kinase subdomain VIII.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9900 PD98059
- 9903 U0126
- 9160 MEK1/2 HeLa Control Cell Extracts
- 9120 PhosphoPlus® MEK1/2 (Ser217/221) Antibody Kit
- 9154 Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser217/221) (41G9) Rabbit mAb
- 2338 Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser221) (166F8) Rabbit mAb
- 9126 MEK1/2 (47E6) Rabbit mAb
- 4694 MEK1/2 (L38C12) Mouse mAb
- 9146 MEK1 (30C8) Rabbit mAb
- 9147 MEK2 (13E3) Rabbit mAb
- 9121 Phospho-MEK1/2 (Ser217/221) Antibody
- 9122 MEK1/2 Antibody
- 9124 MEK1 Antibody
- 9125 MEK2 Antibody
- 9127 Phospho-MEK1 (Thr286) Antibody
- 9128 Phospho-MEK1 (Ser298) Antibody
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.