Product Pathways - Companion Products
His-Tag (27E8) Mouse mAb #2366
|W IP||All||Transfected Only||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: All=All species expected
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Specificity / Sensitivity
His-Tag (27E8) Mouse mAb detects recombinant proteins containing the 6xHis epitope tag. The antibody recognizes the 6xHis-tag fused to either the amino or carboxy terminus of targeted proteins in transfected cells.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a 6xHis synthetic peptide.
Western blot analysis of extracts from control (lane 1) or cells expressing C-terminal His-tagged protein (lane 2), using His-Tag (27E8) Mouse mAb.
Epitope tags are useful for the labeling and detection of proteins using immunoblotting, immunoprecipitation, and immunostaining techniques. Because of their small size, they are unlikely to affect the tagged protein's biochemical properties.
A variety of plasmids contain DNA that encodes an amino-terminal tag cosisting of six histidine (6xHis) residues followed by an extended multiple cloning site. The 6xHis tag on the expressed recombinant proteins allows for efficient coupling to Ni2+ affinity resins and purification by single step chromatography (1).As is the case with other protein tag systems (2), this polyhistidine tag can often be cleaved at sites recognized by proteases such as thrombin and enterokinases to isolate the protein of interest (1).
- Kroll, D.J. et al. (1993) DNA Cell Biol. 12, 441-453.
- di Guan, C. et al. (1988) Gene 67, 21-30.
- Rishi, A. K. et al. (2003) Identification and characterization of a cell cycle and apoptosis regulatory protein-1 as a novel mediator of apoptosis signaling by retinoid CD437. J. Biol. Chem. 278, 33422-33435. Applications: IC-ABC Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2365 His-Tag Antibody
- 2272 Myc-Tag Antibody
- 2276 Myc-Tag (9B11) Mouse mAb
- 2367 HA-Tag (6E2) Mouse mAb
- 2372 β-Gal (14B7) Mouse mAb
- 2396 MBP (8G1) Mouse mAb
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.