Product Pathways - Companion Products
DYKDDDDK Tag Antibody (Binds to same epitope as Sigma's Anti-FLAG® M2 Antibody) #2368
|W IP IHC-P IF-IC F||All||Transfected Only||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: All=All species expected
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Specificity / Sensitivity
DYKDDDDK Tag Antibody detects exogenously expressed DYKDDDDK proteins in cells. The antibody recognizes the DYKDDDDK peptide (the same epitope recognized by Sigma's Anti-FLAG® antibodies) fused to either the amino- or carboxy-terminus of targeted proteins.The binding specificity of this antibody is NOT dependent on the presence of divalent metal cations.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic DYKDDDDK peptide. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS or 293T cells, mock transfected (lane 1) or expressing DYKDDDDK-tagged p73 (lane2), DYKDDDDK-tagged FKHRL1 (lane 3) or truncated DYKDDDDK-tagged huntingtin (lane 4), using DYKDDDDK Tag Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded COS cells, control (left) or DYKDDDDK-FKHRL1 transfected (right), using DYKDDDDK Tag Antibody.
Flow cytometric analysis of DYKDDDDK Tag Rabbit antibody in Cos cells transfected with a Myc-DDK-tagged SUMF1 construct and gated on transfected (green) or untransfected (blue) cells using Myc-Tag (9B11) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® Conjugate) #2279.
Epitope tags are useful for the labeling and detection of proteins using immunoblotting, immunoprecipitation, and immunostaining techniques. Because of their small size, they are unlikely to affect the tagged protein's biochemical properties.
The DYKDDDDK peptide has been used extensively as a general epitope tag in expression vectors. This peptide can be expressed and detected with the protein of interest as an amino-terminal or carboxy-terminal fusion (1).
- Pfeffer, L.A. et al. (2009) Mol Biol Cell 20, 3810-7. Applications: IF-IC (In Cells)
- Forrester, M.T. et al. (2011) Biotechniques 50, 41-5. Applications: IF-IC (In Cells)
- Zhao, J.X. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 16426-34. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2272 Myc-Tag Antibody
- 2276 Myc-Tag (9B11) Mouse mAb
- 2365 His-Tag Antibody
- 2366 His-Tag (27E8) Mouse mAb
- 3724 HA-Tag (C29F4) Rabbit mAb
- 2367 HA-Tag (6E2) Mouse mAb
- 2956 GFP (D5.1) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2955 GFP (4B10) Mouse mAb
- 2372 β-Gal (14B7) Mouse mAb
- 2396 MBP (8G1) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 8146 DYKDDDDK Tag (9A3) Mouse mAb (Binds to same epitope as Sigma's Anti-FLAG® M2 Antibody)
Anti-FLAG® is a registered trademark of Sigma-Aldrich.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.