Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Villin-1 (R814) Antibody #2369
|W IF-IC||H M (R)||Endogenous||95||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Villin-1 (R814) Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total villin-1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the carboxy terminus of human villin-1. Antibodies are purified using protein A and peptide affinitty chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HT29 cells and mouse kidney using Villin-1 (R814) Antibody.
Villin is a member of the gelsolin family of calcium-regulated actin-binding proteins. Unlike the ubiquitously expressed gelsolin, villin expression is restricted to simple epithelia of the gastrointestinal and urogenital tracts. It is localized to the apical cytoplasm and brush borders of these cells. Villin functions in the regulation of actin dynamics in the apical epithelium, capping, nucleating and/or severing actin filaments in a calcium-dependent manner and regulating cell shape in response to external stimuli (1,2). Phosphorylation of villin at Tyr60, 81 and 256 may be involved in the regulation of cell migration (3). Expression of villin is increased in colorectal cancers (4), and villin1 function appears to be involved in progressive cholestasis and hepatic failure (5).
- Athman, R. et al. (2002) Am. J. Physiol. Gastrointest. Liver Physiol. 283, G496-502.
- Kumar, N. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279, 45036-45046.
- Tomar, A. et al. (2004) Mol. Biol. Cell 15, 4807-4817.
- Suh, N. et al. (2005) Mod. Pathol. 18, 1217-1222.
- Phillips, M.J. et al. (2003) Lancet 362, 1112-1119.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.