Product Pathways - Companion Products
β-Gal (14B7) Mouse mAb #2372
|W IP IF-IC F||All||Transfected Only||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: All=All species expected
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Beta-Gal 14B7 Mouse mAb detects transfected beta-galactosidase fusion proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant beta-galactosidase protein.
Western blot analysis of cells expressing beta-galactosidase (lane 1) or cells without transfection (lane 2), using Beta-Gal (14B7) Mouse mAb.
Immunoprecipitation of cell extracts overexpressing beta-galactosidase (lane 1) or cells without transfection (lane 2), using Beta-Gal (14B7) Mouse mAb, followed by Western blot analysis using the same antibody.
Flow cytometric analysis of COS cells, untransfected (blue) or transfected with β-galactosidase (green), using β-Gal (14B7) Mouse mAb.
Epitope tags are useful for the labeling and detection of proteins using immunoblotting, immunoprecipitation, and immunostaining techniques. Because of their small size, they are unlikely to affect the tagged protein's biochemical properties.
Eukaryotic genes can be cloned into E. coli beta-galactosidase (lacZ) gene (1-3). This results in the expression of a fusion protein containing the desired protein with a beta-gal tag. An antibody to this tag can then be used to isolate the fusion protein or detect its expression within cells or tissues.
- Draber, P. et al. (1992) Hybridoma 11, 385-390.
- Hayashibe, K. et al. (1990) J. Immunoassay 11, 89-95.
- Shapiro, S. and Kimmel, B. (1987) J. Immunol. Methods 97, 275-279.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2272 Myc-Tag Antibody
- 2276 Myc-Tag (9B11) Mouse mAb
- 2365 His-Tag Antibody
- 2367 HA-Tag (6E2) Mouse mAb
- 2396 MBP (8G1) Mouse mAb
- 9860 Senescence β-Galactosidase Staining Kit
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.