Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
Itk (2F12) Mouse mAb #2380
|2380S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2380||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse, Rat.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Itk (2F12) Mouse mAB detects endogenouse levels of total Itk protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with an amino-terminal peptide of Itk.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Jurkat, BaF3, THP-1, RAW and Raji cells, using Itk (2F12) Mouse mAb (upper) and beta-Actin Antibody (#4967) (lower).
Interleukin-2 inducible T-cell kinase (Itk, Emt or Tsk) is a member of the non-receptor protein tyrosine kinases. Family members of Itk include Tec, Btk, Rlk and Bmx and are all defined by a common structure: an amino-terminal PH domain, a Tec-homology domain and a SH3 and SH2 domain followed by a carboxy-terminal kinase domain (1). Tec, Rlk and Itk are expressed in T cells and activated in response to T cell receptor (TCR) engagement. Data demonstrate that Itk functions in signal transduction downstream of TCR and activates PLCgamma1 and Erk. Lck directly activates Itk through phosphorylation in the conserved activation loop at Tyr511, and furthermore, Itk is autophosphorylated in the SH3 domain at Tyr180. Itk-Y180F is still capable of phosphorylating PLCgamma1 in contrast to Itk-Y511F, which has lost that function (2-3). Itk -/- mice show reduced lung inflammation, eosinophil infiltration and mucous production in response to allergic asthma induction. Thus, Itk could become a desirable target for anti-asthmatic treatments (4).
- Heyeck, S. D. et al. (1997) J Biol Chem. 272, 25401-25408. Applications: Western Blotting, IP.
- Wilcox, H.M. and Berg, L.J. (2003) J Biol Chem. 278, 37112-37121. Applications: Western Blotting, IP.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2751 Phospho-Lck (Tyr505) Antibody
- 2752 Lck Antibody
- 2822 PLCγ1 Antibody
- 3537 Phospho-Btk (Ser180) (3D3) Mouse mAb
- 4987 Tec Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.