Product Pathways - Development
Wnt3a Antibody #2391
|2391S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2391||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Human.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Wnt3a antibody detects transfected Wnt3a protein in L cells and the conditioned medium from L/Wnt3a cells. Based on homology, it is expected to also recognize Wnt3.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asp294 of human Wnt3a. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The Wnt family includes several secreted glycoproteins that play important roles in animal development (1). There are 19 Wnt genes in the human genome that encode functionally distinct Wnt proteins (2). Wnt members bind to the Frizzled family of seven-pass transmembrane proteins and activate several signaling pathways (3). The canonical Wnt/β-catenin pathway also requires a coreceptor from the low-density lipoprotein receptor family (4). Aberrant activation of Wnt signaling pathways is involved in several types of cancers (5).
Wnt3a protein is palmitoylated and can function as a growth factor for hematopoietic stem cells (6). Although functionally distinct, Wnt3a shows high homology to Wnt3 (7).
- Cadigan, K.M. and Nusse, R. (1997) Genes Dev. 11, 3286-3305.
- Moon, R.T. et al. (1997) Trends Genet. 13, 157-162.
- Kohn, A.D. and Moon, R.T. (2004) Cell Calcium 38, 439-446.
- Logan, C.Y. and Nusse, R. (2004) Annu. Rev. Cell Dev. Biol. 20, 781-810.
- Giles, R.H. et al. (2003) Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1653, 1-24.
- Willert, K. et al. (2003) Nature 423, 448-52.
- Katoh, M. (2001) Int. J. Oncol. 19, 977-82.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2568 Phospho-LRP6 (Ser1490) Antibody
- 3216 Dvl2 Antibody
- 3218 Dvl3 Antibody
- 9581 β-Catenin Antibody (Amino-terminal Antigen)
- 9587 β-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen)
- 9315 GSK-3β (27C10) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2721 Wnt3a (C64F2) Rabbit mAb
- 2520 SUFU (C54G2) Rabbit mAb
- 2392 Wnt5a Antibody
- 2504 APC Antibody
- 2151 Axin2 (76G6) Rabbit mAb
- 9582 β-Catenin (6B3) Rabbit mAb
- 4687 DKK1 Antibody
- 4683 DKK2 (G44) Antibody
- 4689 DKK2 (N70) Antibody
- 3224 Dvl2 (30D2) Rabbit mAb
- 2230 LEF1 (C12A5) Rabbit mAb
- 2560 LRP6 (C5C7) Rabbit mAb
- 2201 Naked1 (C30F10) Rabbit mAb
- 2596 Naked2 (C36D3) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.