Product Pathways - Development
Wnt5a Antibody #2392
|2392S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2392||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Human.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Wnt5a Antibody detects transfected Wnt5a protein in L cells.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu270 of human Wnt5a. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The Wnt family includes several secreted glycoproteins that play important roles in animal development (1). There are 19 Wnt genes in the human genome that encode functionally distinct Wnt proteins (2). Wnt members bind to the Frizzled family of seven-pass transmembrane proteins and activate several signaling pathways (3). The canonical Wnt/β-catenin pathway also requires a coreceptor from the low-density lipoprotein receptor family (4). Aberrant activation of Wnt signaling pathways is involved in several types of cancers (5).
Wnt-5a has been shown to signal through the canonical Wnt pathways as well as through non-canonical pathways and is up-regulated in various types of human cancers (6-8). In melanoma, Wnt5a is thought to directly affect cell motility and metastasis (9).
- Cadigan, K.M. and Nusse, R. (1997) Genes Dev. 11, 3286-3305.
- Moon, R.T. et al. (1997) Trends Genet. 13, 157-162.
- Kohn, A.D. and Moon, R.T. (2004) Cell Calcium 38, 439-446.
- Logan, C.Y. and Nusse, R. (2004) Annu. Rev. Cell Dev. Biol. 20, 781-810.
- Giles, R.H. et al. (2003) Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1653, 1-24.
- Mikels, A.J. and Nusse, R. (2006) PLoS Biol. 4, e115.
- Katoh, M. and Katoh, M. (2007) Int J Mol Med 19, 273-278.
- Katoh, M. (2005) Oncol. Rep. 14, 1583-1588.
- Weeraratna, A.T. et al. (2002) Cancer Cell 1, 279-288.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2391 Wnt3a Antibody
- 3216 Dvl2 Antibody
- 3218 Dvl3 Antibody
- 2568 Phospho-LRP6 (Ser1490) Antibody
- 9581 β-Catenin Antibody (Amino-terminal Antigen)
- 9587 β-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen)
- 9315 GSK-3β (27C10) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.