Product Pathways - Companion Products
MBP (8G1) Mouse mAb #2396
|W IP IF-IC||All||Transfected Only||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: All=All species expected
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Specificity / Sensitivity
MBP (8G1) Mouse mAb detects recombinant proteins fused to maltose binding protein (MBP).
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with an MBP fusion protein.
Western blot analysis of Sf9 insect cells expressing MBP-Akt fusion protein (lane 1) or cells without transfection (lane 2), using MBP (8G1) Mouse mAb.
Immunoprecipitation of Sf9 insect cell extract overexpressing MBP-Akt fusion protein (lane 1) or cells without transfection (lane 2), using MBP (8G1) Mouse mAb, then Western analysis using the same antibody.
Immunocytochemical staining of Sf9 insect cells expressing MBP fusion protein (left) or cells without transfection (right), using MBP (8G1) Mouse mAb.
Epitope tags are useful for the labeling and detection of proteins using immunoblotting, immunoprecipitation, and immunostaining techniques. Because of their small size, they are unlikely to affect the tagged protein's biochemical properties.
One commonly used system is the maltose-binding protein (MBP) (1). In this system, the target gene is inserted in the appropriate vector and expressed. Following purification using an amylose column, the MBP-target protein complex can be eluted from the column with maltose and cleaved with a specific protease to yield the purified target protein (2). An antibody to MBP can also be used to isolate or detect expression of the protein.
- di Guan, C. et al. (1988) Gene 67, 21-30.
- Kellermann, O.K. and Ferenci, T. (1982) Methods Enzymol. 90, 459-463.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2272 Myc-Tag Antibody
- 2276 Myc-Tag (9B11) Mouse mAb
- 2365 His-Tag Antibody
- 2367 HA-Tag (6E2) Mouse mAb
- 2372 β-Gal (14B7) Mouse mAb
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.