Product Pathways - Metabolism
Synip (C51G6) Rabbit mAb #2400
|2400S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2400||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||62||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Synip (C51G6) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Synip protein.
Source / Purification
Synip (C51G6) Rabbit mAb is produced by immunizing rabbits with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human Synip.
Insulin binds to and activates its receptor and initiates a signaling cascade that eventually induces the translocation of the Glut4 glucose transporter from its intracellular locations to the plasma membrane. Initiating this pathway facilitates glucose uptake in fat and skeletal muscle cells (1). Synip and Syntaxin 4 are two proteins thought to be involved in the recruitment of Glut4-containing vesicles to plasma membrane (2,3). Synip associates with Syntaxin 4 when insulin is absent. Insulin signaling triggers the dissociation of the two proteins and allows Syntaxin 4 to complex with VAMP2, which is essential for Glut4 translocation to plasma membrane (2-4). Overexpression of a dominant-negative form of Synip prevents Glut4 from translocating to plasma membrane in response to insulin stimulation (3). Synip together with Syntaxin 4, therefore, regulates Glut 4 transport to plasma membrane.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9272 Akt Antibody
- 4685 Akt (pan) (11E7) Rabbit mAb
- 2966 Akt (5G3) Mouse mAb
- 9940 Akt Isoform Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9840 Akt Kinase Assay Kit (Nonradioactive)
- 2967 Akt1 (2H10) Mouse mAb
- 2964 Akt2 (5B5) Rabbit mAb
- 4059 Akt3 Antibody
- 3788 Akt3 (62A8) Rabbit mAb
- 2447 AS160 Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.