Product Pathways - Translational Control
Ribosomal Protein L7a (R225) Antibody #2403
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||32||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Ribosomal protein L7a Antibody detects endogenous levels of total ribosomal protein L7a protein. Immunofluorescent staining using this antibody shows ribosomal protein L7a localized mostly on the ER membrane and in nucleoli, sites for translation and ribosome synthesis, respectively, indicating its utility as a ribosomal marker.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Arg225 of human ribosomal protein L7a. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Ribosomal protein L7a is a highly conserved ribosome protein localized to 60S ribosomal subunit (1). The protein has distinct domains that target the newly synthesized polypeptide to nucleus and the nucleoli, the site of ribosome biosynthesis (2). Ribosomal protein L7a can also interact with RNA in vitro through two distinct RNA-binding domains in the protein (3). Taken together, nucleolar localization and the ability to bind RNA suggests that ribosomal protein L7a may act as an important component for ribosome biosynthesis and function.
- De Falco, S. et al. (1993) Gene 126, 227-235.
- Russo, G. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 5229-5235.
- Russo, G. et al. (2005) Biochem J. 385, 289-299.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2415 Ribosomal Protein L7a (E109) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.