Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Phospho-HSP27 (Ser15) Antibody #2404
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-HSP27 (Ser15) Antibody detects endogenous levels of HSP27 only when phosphorylated at serine 15.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser15 of human HSP27. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Heat shock protein (HSP) 27 is one of the small HSPs that are constitutively expressed at different levels in various cell types and tissues. Like other small HSPs, HSP27 is regulated at both the transcriptional and posttranslational levels (1). In response to stress, the HSP27 expression increases several-fold to confer cellular resistance to the adverse environmental change. HSP27 is phosphorylated at Ser15, Ser78, and Ser82 by MAPKAPK-2 as a result of the activation of the p38 MAP kinase pathway (2,3). Phosphorylation of HSP27 causes a change in its tertiary structure, which shifts from large homotypic multimers to dimers and monomers (4). It has been shown that phosphorylation and increased concentration of HSP27 modulates actin polymerization and reorganization (5,6).
- Arrigo, A.P. and Landry, J. (1994) Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, NY, 335-373.
- Landry, J. et al. (1992) J. Biol. Chem. 267, 794-803.
- Rouse, J. et al. (1994) Cell 78, 1027-1037.
- Rogalla, T. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 18947-18956.
- Lavoie, J. et al. (1993) J. Biol. Chem. 268, 24210-24214.
- Rousseau, S. et al. (1997) Oncogene 15, 2169-2177.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2401 Phospho-HSP27 (Ser82) Antibody
- 2402 HSP27 (G31) Mouse mAb
- 2405 Phospho-HSP27 (Ser78) Antibody
- 2442 HSP27 Antibody (Rodent Preferred)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.