Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
p14 ARF (4C6/4) Mouse mAb #2407
|W IHC-P||H||Endogenous||14||Mouse IgG2a|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
p14 ARF (4C6/4) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total p14 ARF protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant His-tagged p14 ARF protein.
Human p14 ARF (p19 ARF in mouse) is a pro-apoptotic cell cycle regulator frequently inactive in human tumors (1). Basal expression of p14 ARF is low in most cell types, but accumulation of this protein occurs in response to oncogene expression (2,3). Increased p14 ARF levels facilitate MDM2 degradation, leading to increased p53 protein levels and subsequent cell cycle arrest and/or apoptosis (4). While most p14 ARF signaling has traditionally thought to be p53-dependent, more recent reports have described p53-independent p14 ARF signaling leading to cell cycle arrest and apoptosis (5,6).
- Eischen, C. M. et al. (1999) Genes Dev. 13, 2658-2669.
- de Stanchina, E. et al. (1998) Genes Dev. 12, 2434-2442.
- Zindy, F. et al. (1998) Genes Dev. 12, 2424-2433.
- Pomerantz, J. et al. (1998) Cell 92, 713-723.
- Weber, J. D. et al. (2000) Genes Dev. 14, 2358-2365.
- Hemmati, P. G. et al. (2002) Oncogene 21, 3149-3161.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2896 p18 INK4C (DCS118) Mouse mAb
- 3521 Phospho-MDM2 (Ser166) Antibody
- 2524 p53 (1C12) Mouse mAb
- 2946 p21 Waf1/Cip1 (DCS60) Mouse mAb
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8125 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Mouse)
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.