Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Rab11a Antibody #2413
|W IF-IC||H M R Mk||Endogenous||25||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Rab11a Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Rab11a protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Arg184 of human Rab11a protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Rab11a, Rab11b and Rab25 are members of the Rab11 family of small Ras-like GTPases. Rab11 (isoforms Rab11a and Rab11b) functions as a key regulator in the recycling of perinuclear, plasma membrane and Golgi compartment endosomes (1,2). Despite some overlap, distinct differences exist between Rab11a and Rab11b in both their cellular distribution and functional roles. Rab11a is ubiquitously expressed while Rab11b is found mainly in the heart and brain (3,4). Like other Rab proteins, Rab11 exerts its function via interactions with Rab11 family interacting proteins (FIPs). While there are three distinct classes of FIPs, all appear to share a conserved carboxy-terminal Rab-binding domain that allows Rab-FIP protein interaction. When bound together, these proteins are thought to regulate membrane-associated protein sorting (5,6).
- Ullrich, O. et al. (1996) J. Cell Biol. 135, 913-924.
- Chen, W. et al. (1998) Mol. Biol. Cell 9, 3241-3257.
- Lapierre, L.A. et al. (2003) Exp. Cell Res. 290, 322-331.
- Khvotchev, M.V. et al. (2003) J. Neurosci. 23, 10531-10539.
- Junutula, J.R. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279, 33430-33437.
- Hales, C.M. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 39067-39075.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 2414 Rab11b Antibody
- 3539 Rab11 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.