Product Pathways - Translational Control
Ribosomal Protein L7a (E109) Antibody #2415
|W IF-IC||H M R Mk||Endogenous||32||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Ribosomal protein L7a Antibody detects endogenous levels of total ribosomal protein L7a. Immunofluorescent analysis using this antibody shows exclusive localization of ribosomal protein L7a to nucleoli during ribosomal biosynthesis.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Glu109 of human ribosomal protein L7a. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Ribosomal Protein L7a (E109) Antibody.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of COS cells using Ribosomal Protein L7a (E109) Antibody (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with Alexa Fluor® phalloidin 555 (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye). Ribosomes are stained by the antibody at their biosynthesis site in nucleoli.
Ribosomal protein L7a is a highly conserved ribosome protein localized to 60S ribosomal subunit (1). The protein has distinct domains that target the newly synthesized polypeptide to nucleus and the nucleoli, the site of ribosome biosynthesis (2). Ribosomal protein L7a can also interact with RNA in vitro through two distinct RNA-binding domains in the protein (3). Taken together, nucleolar localization and the ability to bind RNA suggests that ribosomal protein L7a may act as an important component for ribosome biosynthesis and function.
- De Falco, S. et al. (1993) Gene 126, 227-235.
- Russo, G. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 5229-5235.
- Russo, G. et al. (2005) Biochem J. 385, 289-299.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2403 Ribosomal Protein L7a (R225) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.