Product Pathways - Development
Notch2 (8A1) Rabbit mAb #2420
|W IP||H||Endogenous||230, 300||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Notch2 (8A1) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Notch2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant protein consisting of the heterodimerization domain of human Notch2.
Western blot analysis of extracts from SNB19 and 293 cells, untreated or stably expressing human Notch2, using Notch2 (8A1) Rabbit mAb. The full-length (FL) and the extracellular domain (EC) of Notch2 are indicated.
Notch proteins (Notch1-4) are a family of transmembrane receptors that play important roles in development and the determination of cell fate (1). Mature Notch receptors are processed and assembled as heterodimeric proteins, with each dimer comprised of a large extracellular ligand-binding domain, a single-pass transmembrane domain, and a smaller cytoplasmic subunit (Notch intracellular domain, NICD) (2). Binding of Notch receptors to ligands of the Delta-Serrate-Lag2 (DSL) family triggers heterodimer dissociation, exposing the receptors to proteolytic cleavages; these result in release of the NICD, which translocates to the nucleus and activates transcription of downstream target genes (3-4).
Notch2 is a member of Notch family and mutation in Notch2 is associated with Alagille syndrome (5).
- Artavanis-Tsakonas, S. et al. (1999) Science 284, 770-6.
- Chan, Y.M. and Jan, Y.N. (1998) Cell 94, 423-6.
- Schroeter, E.H. et al. (1998) Nature 393, 382-6.
- Rand, M.D. et al. (2000) Mol Cell Biol 20, 1825-35.
- McDaniell, R. et al. (2006) Am J Hum Genet 79, 169-73.
- Whyte, J.L. et al. (2011) Stem Cell Res 6, 238-50. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2421 Cleaved Notch1 (Val1744) Antibody
- 2423 Notch4 (L5C5) Mouse mAb
- 2588 DLL1 Antibody
- 2589 DLL4 Antibody
- 2483 DLL3 (G93) Antibody
- 2155 Jagged1 (1C4) Rabbit mAb
- 2620 Jagged1 (28H8) Rabbit mAb
- 2210 Jagged2 (C23D2) Rabbit mAb
- 2205 Jagged2 (C83A8) Rabbit mAb
- 4608 MAML1 Antibody
- 4618 MAML2 Antibody
- 2733 Numb Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3268 Notch1 (C44H11) Rabbit mAb
- 4147 Cleaved Notch1 (Val1744) (D3B8) Rabbit mAb
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.