Product Pathways - Development
Notch4 (L5C5) Mouse mAb #2423
|W IP||H||Transfected Only||80 cleaved. 230 full-length.||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Notch4 (L5C5) Mouse mAb detects levels of the transfected intracellular region of human Notch4 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant protein consisting of the Ankyrin repeat domain of human Notch4.
Western blot analysis of the recombinant human ankyrin repeat domains of Notch1, 2, 3 and 4 (HANK1-4, lanes 1-4, respectively), using 5 ng of protein per lane and Notch4 (L5C5) Mouse mAb.
Notch proteins (Notch1-4) are a family of transmembrane receptors that play important roles in development and the determination of cell fate (1). Mature Notch receptors are processed and assembled as heterodimeric proteins, with each dimer comprised of a large extracellular ligand-binding domain, a single-pass transmembrane domain, and a smaller cytoplasmic subunit (Notch intracellular domain, NICD) (2). Binding of Notch receptors to ligands of the Delta-Serrate-Lag2 (DSL) family triggers heterodimer dissociation, exposing the receptors to proteolytic cleavages; these result in release of the NICD, which translocates to the nucleus and activates transcription of downstream target genes (3-4).
Notch4 is primarily expressed in endothelial cells and is processed similarly to Notch1 (5-7). The mouse Notch4 gene (also known as Int-3) is a frequent target in Mouse Mammary Tumour Virus (MMTV)-induced mammary tumors (6,8). The intracellular domain of Notch4 binds to Smad3 and inhibits TGF-β signaling (9).
- Artavanis-Tsakonas, S. et al. (1999) Science 284, 770-6.
- Chan, Y.M. and Jan, Y.N. (1998) Cell 94, 423-6.
- Schroeter, E.H. et al. (1998) Nature 393, 382-6.
- Rand, M.D. et al. (2000) Mol Cell Biol 20, 1825-35.
- Uyttendaele, H. et al. (1996) Development 122, 2251-2259.
- Shirayoshi, Y. et al. (1997) Genes Cells 2, 213-224.
- Baron, M. (2003) Semin. Cell Dev. Biol. 14, 113-119.
- Gallahan, D. and Callahan, R. (1997) Oncogene 14, 1883-1890.
- Sun, Y. et al. (2005) Oncogene 24, 5365-5374.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2421 Cleaved Notch1 (Val1744) Antibody
- 4608 MAML1 Antibody
- 4618 MAML2 Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 2889 Notch3 Antibody
- 3268 Notch1 (C44H11) Rabbit mAb
- 3447 Notch1 (5B5) Rat mAb
- 3439 Notch1 (C37C7) Rabbit mAb
- 4147 Cleaved Notch1 (Val1744) (D3B8) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.