Product Pathways - Protein Translation
eIF4A (F52) Antibody #2425
|2425S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2425||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||48||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
eIF4A (F52) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total eIF4A1, eIF4A2 and eIF4A3 proteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Phe52 of human eIF4A. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
A variety of factors contribute to the important biological event of initiation of translation. The eIF4F complex of translation initiation factors binds to the 5' m7 GTP cap to open up the mRNA secondary structure and allow small ribosome subunit binding (1). eIF4A, an eIF4 complex component that acts as an ATP-dependent RNA helicase, unwinds the secondary structure of the 5' mRNA untranslated region to mediate ribosome binding (2,3). In addition, eIF4A has recently been shown to repress Dpp/BMP signalling in a translation-independent manner in Drosophila (4,5).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2013 eIF4A (C32B4) Rabbit mAb
- 2490 eIF4A1 Antibody
- 3592 eIF4B Antibody
- 3595 eIF2B-ε Antibody
- 9742 eIF4E Antibody
- 2498 eIF4G Antibody
- 2480 eIF5 Antibody
- 4923 Non-phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr46) (87D12) Rabbit mAb
- 9452 4E-BP1 Antibody
- 9644 4E-BP1 (53H11) Rabbit mAb
- 2845 4E-BP2 Antibody
- 2297 4E-T Antibody
- 2217 S6 Ribosomal Protein (5G10) Rabbit mAb
- 2317 S6 Ribosomal Protein (54D2) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.