Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
PHB1 Antibody #2426
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||32||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PHB1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total PHB1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser252 of human PHB1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The prohibitins, called PHB1 and PHB2, are highly conserved proteins that are present in multiple compartments in eukaryotic cells. PHB1 is 30kDa tumor suppressor protein involved in cell cycle control (1). PHB1 has been found in mitochondria, the nucleus and the plasma membrane, as well as extracellularly in circulation (2). In mitochondria prohibitins mainly exist as membrane-bound ring complexes and function as chaperones maintaining mitochondrial protein stability during protein synthesis and transportation (3,4). In the nucleus prohibitins interact with transcription factors such as Rb and p53 to regulate target gene transcription (2,5). Extracellular prohibitin can bind and activate C3 to enhance complement activation (6).
- McClung, J.K. et al. (1995) Exp Gerontol 30, 99-124.
- Mishra, S. et al. (2006) J. Cell. Mol. Med. 10, 353-363.
- Nijtmans, L.G. et al. (2000) EMBO J. 19, 2444-2451.
- Tatsuta, T. et al. (2005) Mol. Biol. Cell 16, 248-259.
- Fusaro, G. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 47853-47861.
- Mishra, S. et al. (2007) Mol. Immunol. 44, 1907-1912.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2524 p53 (1C12) Mouse mAb
- 2527 p53 (7F5) Rabbit mAb
- 9284 Phospho-p53 (Ser15) Antibody
- 9286 Phospho-p53 (Ser15) (16G8) Mouse mAb
- 9308 Phospho-Rb (Ser807/811) Antibody
- 9309 Rb (4H1) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.