Product Pathways - Metabolism
Thioredoxin 1 (C63C6) Rabbit mAb #2429
|2429S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2429||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||12||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Thioredoxin 1 (C63C6) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total thioredoxin 1 protein.
Source / Purification
Thioredoxin 1 (C63C6) Rabbit mAb is produced by immunizing rabbits with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala9 of human thioredoxin 1.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using Thioredoxin 1 (C63C6) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using Thioredoxin 1 (C63C6) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using Thioredoxin 1 (C63C6) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or Thioredoxin Blocking Peptide #1057 (right).
Thioredoxin is a small redox protein found in many eukaryotes and prokaryotes. A pair of cysteines within a highly conserved, active site sequence can be oxidized to form a disulfide bond that is then reduced by thioredoxin reductase (1). Multiple forms of thioredoxin have been identified, including cytosolic thioredoxin 1 (TRX1) and mitochondrial thioredoxin 2 (TRX2). Thioredoxin participates in many cellular processes including redox signaling, response to oxidative stress and protein reduction (1). A potential role of thioredoxin in human disorders such as cancer, aging and heart disease is currently under investigation (2). Thioredoxin can play a key role in cancer progression, as it acts as a negative regulator of the proapoptotic kinase ASK1 (3). Changes in thioredoxin expression have been associated with meningococcal septic shock and acute lung injury (4,5).
- Yu, Y. and Richardson, D.R. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 15413-27. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2285 Thioredoxin 1 Antibody (Human Specific)
- 2298 Thioredoxin 1 Antibody (Mouse/Rat Preferred)
- 1057 Thioredoxin 1 Blocking Peptide
- 3206 GPX1 Antibody
- 3187 NQO1 (A180) Mouse mAb
- 2770 SOD1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.