Product Pathways - Translational Control
Calnexin Antibody #2433
|W IHC-P IF-IC||H||Endogenous||90||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
* Product-specific protocol.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Calnexin Antibody detects endogenous levels of total calnexin protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence around Ala51 of human calnexin. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using Calnexin Antibody.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells using Calnexin Antibody (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with Alexa Fluor(R) 555 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5™ (fluorecent DNA dye).
Secretory and transmembrane proteins are synthesized on polysomes and translocate into the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) where they are often modified by the formation of disulfide bonds, amino-linked glycosylation and folding. To help proteins fold properly, the ER contains a pool of molecular chaperones including calnexin. Calnexin was first identified as being involved in the assembly of murine class I histocompatibility molecules (1,2). Calnexin is a calcium-binding protein embedded in the ER membrane that retains the newly synthesized glycoproteins inside the ER to ensure proper folding and quality control (3-5). The specificity of calnexin for a subset of glycoproteins is defined by a lectin site, which binds an early oligosaccharide intermediate on the folding glycoprotein (5).
- Degen, E. and Williams, D.B. (1991) J. Cell Biol. 112, 1099-1115.
- Ahluwalia, N. et al. (1992) J. Biol. Chem. 267, 10914-10918.
- Rajagopalan, S. et al. (1994) Science 263, 387-390.
- Bergeron, J.J. et al. (1994) Trends Biochem. Sci. 19, 124-128.
- Williams, D.B. (2006) J. Cell Sci. 119, 615-623.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2679 Calnexin (C5C9) Rabbit mAb
- 3183 BiP Antibody
- 2891 Calreticulin Antibody
- 3179 Phospho-PERK (Thr980) (16F8) Rabbit mAb
- 3264 Ero1-Lα Antibody
- 3294 IRE1α (14C10) Rabbit mAb
- 2157 MBTPS2 Antibody
- 9956 ER Stress Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.