Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Phospho-Shc (Tyr239/240) Antibody #2434
|2434S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2434P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2434||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||50, 55, 70||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Shc (Tyr239/240) Antibody detects Shc only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 239/240. The antibody may cross-react with activated EGF receptor protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr239/240 of human Shc. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HepG2 cells, untreated or EGF-treated (100 ng/ml) 18 hours of serum-starvation, and Jurkat cells, untreated or treated with anti-CD3 antibody (1 µg/ml for 10 minutes), using Phospho-Shc (Tyr239/240) Antibody (upper) or Shc antibody #2432 (lower).
Shc possesses SH2 and PTB domains and serves as a scaffold protein in signaling for a variety of receptor tyrosine kinases. Shc exists in p46, p52 and p66 isoforms, which are produced by using alternative translation initiation sites or a differentially spliced message (1-3). In response to extracellular signals, the SH2 and PTB domains of Shc interact with the activated receptors, leading to phosphorylation of Shc on three different tyrosine residues: Tyr239, Tyr240 and Tyr317 (4-6). GRB2/Sos binds to Shc phosphorylated at these sites, activating the Ras/Raf/MAPK pathway (4). Both Shc expression and its tyrosine phosphorylation play an essential and nonredundant role in thymic T cell development (7).
- Pelicci, G. et al. (1992) Cell 70, 93-104.
- Migliaccio, E. et al. (1997) EMBO J. 16, 706-716.
- Okada, S. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 28042-28049.
- Salcini, A. E. et al. (1994) Oncogene 9, 2827-2836.
- Gotoh, N. et al. (1996) EMBO J. 15, 6197-6204.
- Van der Geer, P. et al. (1996) Curr. Biol. 6, 1435-1444.
- Zhang, L. et al. (2002) Nat. Immunol. 3, 749-755.
- Krall, J.A. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e15945. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2432 Shc Antibody
- 2431 Phospho-Shc (Tyr317) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.