Product Pathways - Nuclear Receptor Signaling
PPARγ (C26H12) Rabbit mAb #2435
|W IHC-P IF-IC||H M (R)||Endogenous||53, 57||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PPARγ (C26H12) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total PPARγ protein.
Source / Purification
PPARγ (C26H12) Rabbit mAb is produced by immunizing rabbits with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asp69 of human PPARγ.
Western blot analysis of extracts from NIH/3T3 and 3T3-L1 cells (differentiated 6 days) using PPARγ (C26H12) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of 3T3-L1 cells, undifferentiated (left) or differentiated (right) , using PPARγ (C26H12) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded mouse brown fat using PPARγ (C26H12) Rabbit mAb.
Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor γ (PPARγ) is a member of the ligand-activated nuclear receptor superfamily and functions as a transcriptional activator (1). PPARγ is preferentially expressed in adipocytes as well as in vascular smooth muscle cells and macrophage (2). Besides its role in mediating adipogenesis and lipid metabolism (2), PPARγ also modulates insulin sensitivity, cell proliferation and inflammation (3). PPARγ transcriptional activity is inhibited by MAP kinase phosphorylation of PPARγ at Ser84 (4,5).
- Tontonoz, P. et al. (1995) Curr. Opin. Genet. Dev. 5, 571-576.
- Rosen, E.D. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell 4, 611-617.
- Murphy, G.J. and Holder, J.C. (2000) Trends Pharmacol. Sci. 21, 469-474.
- Camp, H.S. and Tafuri, S.R. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 10811-10816.
- Adams, M. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 5128-5132.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2443 PPARγ (81B8) Rabbit mAb
- 2430 PPARγ (D69) Antibody
- 2439 ATGL (30A4) Rabbit mAb
- 3180 Fatty Acid Synthase (C20G5) Rabbit mAb
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4139 Phospho-HSL (Ser563) Antibody
- 4137 Phospho-HSL (Ser565) Antibody
- 4126 Phospho-HSL (Ser660) Antibody
- 2438 SCD1 (M38) Antibody
- 2283 SCD1 (R347) Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 2138 ATGL Antibody
- 3189 Fatty Acid Synthase Antibody
- 2120 FABP4 Antibody
- 2789 Adiponectin (C45B10) Rabbit mAb
- 4107 HSL Antibody
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.