Product Pathways - Metabolism
SCD1 (M38) Antibody #2438
|2438S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2438||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
SCD1 (M38) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total SCD1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding M38 of human SCD1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Stearoyl-CoA desaturase 1 (SCD1) is a key lipogenic enzyme found in the endoplasmic reticulum that catalyzes the conversion of palmitoyl–CoA and stearoyl–CoA to palmitoleoyl–CoA (16:1) and oleoyl–CoA (18:1) (1-3). Palmitoleate and oleate are the major components of triglycerides, membrane phospholipids and cholesterol esters (1). SCD1-knockout mice show improved insulin sensitivity and reduced body fat (1). Disruption of SCD1 in mouse brown adipose tissue strengthens insulin signaling and results in increased translocation of Glut4 to plasma membrane and enhanced uptake of glucose (4). Furthermore, SCD1 is essential for the onset of diet-induced body weight gain (1) and insulin resistance in the liver (5).
- Ntambi, J.M. et al. (2002) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 99, 11482-114866.
- Kato, H. et al. (2006) J. Cell. Sci. 119, 2342-2353.
- Ozols, J. (1997) Mol. Biol. Cell 8, 2281-2290.
- Rahman, S.M. et al. (2005) Am. J Physiol. Endocrinol. Metab. 288, E381-387.
- Gutiérrez-Juárez, R. et al. (2006) J. Clin. Invest. 116, 1686-1695.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2794 SCD1 (C12H5) Rabbit mAb
- 2283 SCD1 (R347) Antibody
- 2033 DHCR24/Seladin-1 (C59D8) Rabbit mAb
- 3189 Fatty Acid Synthase Antibody
- 2138 ATGL Antibody
- 2439 ATGL (30A4) Rabbit mAb
- 4139 Phospho-HSL (Ser563) Antibody
- 4137 Phospho-HSL (Ser565) Antibody
- 4126 Phospho-HSL (Ser660) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
BODIPY® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.