Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Mig6 Antibody #2440
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Mig6 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Mig6 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Val195 of human Mig6. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Mig6 was identified as a gene which is induced when quiescent fibroblasts are treated by mitogens (1). During cell cycle progression, Mig6 expression levels are also regulated (1). Mig6 mRNA levels were found to increase upon stimulation by chronic stresses including diabetic nephropathy (2). Overexpression of this gene leads to the activation of stress-activated protein kinases (SAPKs)/c-Jun amino-terminal kinases (JNKs) (2). Furthermore, Mig6 was found to interact with epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) when stimulated by epidermal growth factor (EGF) (3). Deletion of the Mig6 gene in mice results in hyperactivation of EGFR and signaling through the mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathway, causing overproliferation and abnormal differentiation of epidermal keratinocytes in these animals. Inhibition of endogenous EGFR signaling by Iressa abolished skin defects observed in Mig6(-/-) mice, indicating that Mig6 is a specfic negative regulator of EGFR signaling (4). Furthermore, expression of Mig6 was significantly lower in skin, breast, pancreatic and ovarian cancers, suggesting a role of Mig6 as a tumor suppressor (4).
- Wick, M. et al. (1995) Exp. Cell Res. 219, 527-535.
- Makkinje, A. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 17838-17847.
- Hackel, P.O. et al. (2001) Biol. Chem. 382, 1649-1662.
- Ferby, I. et al. (2006) Nat. Med. 12, 568-573.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.