Product Pathways - Protein Translation
Phospho-eIF4G (Ser1108) Antibody #2441
|2441S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2441P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2441||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Monkey, Bovine||Endogenous||220||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-eIF4G (Ser1108) Antibody detects eIF4GI only when phosphorylated at Ser1108. It does not cross-react with nonphosphorylated eIF4GI or p97.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser1108 of human eIF4GI. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293 cells expressing GST-eIF4GI Ser1192Ala or GST-eIF4GI Ser1108Ala mutant protein, using Phospho-eIF4G (Ser1108) Antibody. (Provided by Brian Raught, McGill University, Montreal, QuŽbec.)
Western blot analysis of extracts from PC12 cells, untreated (lane 1), NGF-treated (10 ng/ml) (lane 2), anisomycin-treated (25 µM) (lane 3), U0126-treated #9903 (10 µM) (lane 4), Rapamycin-treated #9904 (100 nM ) (lane 5) or LY294002-treated #9901 (25 µM) (lane 6), using Phospho-eIF4G (Ser1108) Antibody.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells either rapamycin-treated (left) or serum-treated (right), using Phospho-eIF4G (Ser1108) Antibody (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with Alexa Fluor® 555 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5™ (fluorescent DNA dye).
Eukaryotic initiation factor 4E (eIF4E) binds to the mRNA cap structure to mediate the initiation of translation (1,2). eIF4E interacts with eIF4G, a scaffold protein that promotes assembly of eIF4E and eIF4A into the eIF4F complex (2). eIF4B is thought to assist the eIF4F complex in translation initiation. Upon activation by mitogenic and/or stress stimuli mediated by Erk and p38 MAPK, Mnk1 phosphorylates eIF4E at Ser209 in vivo (3,4). Two Erk and p38 MAPK phosphorylation sites in mouse Mnk1 (Thr197 and Thr202) are essential for Mnk1 kinase activity (3). The carboxy-terminal region of eIF4G also contains serum-stimulated phosphorylation sites, including Ser1108, Ser1148, and Ser1192 (5). Phosphorylation at these sites is blocked by the PI3 kinase inhibitor LY294002 and by the FRAP/mTOR inhibitor rapamycin.
- Kenerson, H. L. et al. (2002) Cancer Res. 62, 5645-5650. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin).
- Morley, S.J. and Naegele, S. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 32855-32859. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2498 eIF4G Antibody
- 2617 eIF4G (C65H5) Rabbit mAb
- 2469 eIF4G (C45A4) Rabbit mAb
- 2858 eIF4GI Antibody
- 4763 Translation Initiation Complex Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2111 Phospho-Mnk1 (Thr197/202) Antibody
- 9455 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr70) Antibody
- 9741 Phospho-eIF4E (Ser209) Antibody
- 9742 eIF4E Antibody
- 9918 Translational Control Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.