Product Pathways - Nuclear Receptor Signaling
PPARγ (81B8) Rabbit mAb #2443
|W IP IF-IC||H M (R)||Endogenous||53, 57||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PPARγ (81B8) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total PPARγ protein.
Source / Purification
PPARγ (81B8) Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding His494 of human PPARγ.
Western blot analysis of extracts from NIH/3T3 and 3T3-L1 cells (differentiated 6 days) using PPARγ (81B8) Rabbit mAb.
Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor γ (PPARγ) is a member of the ligand-activated nuclear receptor superfamily and functions as a transcriptional activator (1). PPARγ is preferentially expressed in adipocytes as well as in vascular smooth muscle cells and macrophage (2). Besides its role in mediating adipogenesis and lipid metabolism (2), PPARγ also modulates insulin sensitivity, cell proliferation and inflammation (3). PPARγ transcriptional activity is inhibited by MAP kinase phosphorylation of PPARγ at Ser84 (4,5).
- Tontonoz, P. et al. (1995) Curr. Opin. Genet. Dev. 5, 571-576.
- Rosen, E.D. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell 4, 611-617.
- Murphy, G.J. and Holder, J.C. (2000) Trends Pharmacol. Sci. 21, 469-474.
- Camp, H.S. and Tafuri, S.R. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 10811-10816.
- Adams, M. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 5128-5132.
- Fei, Z. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 27761-8. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2435 PPARγ (C26H12) Rabbit mAb
- 2430 PPARγ (D69) Antibody
- 2138 ATGL Antibody
- 4139 Phospho-HSL (Ser563) Antibody
- 4126 Phospho-HSL (Ser660) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4137 Phospho-HSL (Ser565) Antibody
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.