Product Pathways - Translational Control
eIF4H Antibody #2444
|W IF-IC||H M R Mk||Endogenous||25, 27||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
eIF4H Antibody detects endogenous levels of total eIF4H protein (both long and short isoforms).
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence of human eIF4H. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
A variety of factors contribute to the initiation of translation. Eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4H (eIF4H) was purified to near homogeneity from rabbit reticulocyte lysate and shown to stimulate translation in an assay deficient in eIF4F and eIF4B (1). eIF4H induces the RNA-dependent ATP hydrolysis catalyzed by the initiation factors eIF4A and eIF4B (1,2). eIF4H was further shown to stimulate the initial rate and extent of eIF4A-mediated mRNA secondary structure unwinding (3). Interaction between eIF4H and the herpes simplex virus shutoff protein (Vhs) appears to be important for Vhs-mediated degradation of mRNA (4). Deletion of a large region of chromosome 7, including the corresponding eIF4H gene, results in Williams-Beuren Syndrome (WBS), an autosomal dominant disorder that can present with cardiovascular problems, mental retardation and distinctive facial features (5).
- Richter-Cook, N.J. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 7579-87.
- Rogers, G.W. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 12236-44.
- Rogers, G.W. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 30914-22.
- Sarma, N. et al. (2008) J Virol 82, 6600-9.
- Osborne, L.R. et al. (1996) Genomics 36, 328-36.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2425 eIF4A (F52) Antibody
- 2490 eIF4A1 Antibody
- 3592 eIF4B Antibody
- 9742 eIF4E Antibody
- 2469 eIF4G (C45A4) Rabbit mAb
- 2498 eIF4G Antibody
- 2480 eIF5 Antibody
- 2103 eIF2α (L57A5) Mouse mAb
- 9722 eIF2α Antibody
- 3595 eIF2B-ε Antibody
- 2297 4E-T Antibody
- 9644 4E-BP1 (53H11) Rabbit mAb
- 9452 4E-BP1 Antibody
- 2845 4E-BP2 Antibody
- 4763 Translation Initiation Complex Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9918 Translational Control Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.