Product Pathways - Neuroscience
APP/β-Amyloid (NAB228) Mouse mAb #2450
|W IHC-P IF-P||H Mk B (Dg) (Pg)||Endogenous||100 to 140||Mouse IgG2a|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey B=Bovine Dg=Dog Pg=Pig
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
APP/beta-Amyloid (NAB228) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of APP/beta-Amyloid protein. Although this antibody recognizes both the phospho and non-phospho forms of the protein, it has been shown to prefer the phosphorylated form in some systems.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with beta-amyloid and the epitope maps to the amino terminus of beta-amyloid (Lee et al., 2003).
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa and SK-N-MC cells, using APP/beta-Amyloid (NAB228) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Alzheimer's brain, using APP/beta-Amyloid (NAB228) Mouse mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of paraffin-embedded human Alzheimer's brain using APP/β-Amyloid (NAB228) Mouse mAb (green) and Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Thr202/Tyr204) (197G2) Rabbit mAb #4377 (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5™ (fluorescent DNA dye).
Amyloid β (Aβ) precursor protein (APP) is a 100-140 kDa transmembrane glycoprotein that exists as several isoforms (1). The amino acid sequence of APP contains the amyloid domain, which can be released by a two-step proteolytic cleavage (1). The extracellular deposition and accumulation of the released Aβ fragments form the main components of amyloid plaques in Alzheimer's disease (AD) (1). APP can be phosphorylated at several sites, which may affect the proteolytic processing and secretion of this protein (2-5). Phosphorylation at Thr668 (a position corresponding to the APP695 isoform) by cyclin-dependent kinase is cell-cycle dependent and peaks during G2/M phase (4). APP phosphorylated at Thr668 exists in adult rat brain and correlates with cultured neuronal differentiation (5,6).
- Selkoe, D.J. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 18295-8.
- Caporaso, G.L. et al. (1992) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 89, 3055-9.
- Hung, A.Y. and Selkoe, D.J. (1994) EMBO J 13, 534-42.
- Suzuki, T. et al. (1994) EMBO J 13, 1114-22.
- Ando, K. et al. (1999) J Neurosci 19, 4421-7.
- Iijima, K. et al. (2000) J Neurochem 75, 1085-91.
- Lee, E.B. et al. (2003) Secretion and intracellular generation of truncated Abeta in beta-site amyloid-beta precursor protein-cleaving enzyme expressing human neurons. J. Biol. Chem. 278, 4458-4466. Applications: Western Blotting
- Lee, E.B. et al. (2005) BACE overexpression alters the subcellular processing of APP and inhibits Abeta deposition in vivo. J.Cell. Biol. 168, 291-302. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin)
- Lee, E.B. et al. (2006) J. Biol. Chem. 281, 4292-4299. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin) Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2452 APP Antibody
- 2454 β-Amyloid Antibody
- 4019 Tau (Tau46) Mouse mAb
- 3622 Presenilin 1 Antibody
- 2644 α/β-Synuclein (Syn205) Mouse mAb
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.