Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Rac1/2/3 Antibody #2465
|W F||H M R Mk B (X)||Endogenous||21||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey X=Xenopus B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Rac1/2/3 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Rac1/2/3 proteins. This antibody does not cross-react with other small GTPases.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr138 of human Rac1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS, C6, NIH/3T3 and HEK293 cells, using Rac1/2/3 Antibody.
Rac and Cdc42 are members of the Rho-GTPase family. In mammals, Rac exists as three isoforms, Rac1, Rac2 and Rac3, which are highly similar in sequence. Rac1 and Cdc42, the most widely studied of this group, are ubiquitously expressed. Rac2 is expressed in cells of hematopoietic origin, and Rac3, while highly expressed in brain, is also found in many other tissues. Rac and Cdc42 play key signaling roles in cytoskeletal reorganization, membrane trafficking, transcriptional regulation, cell growth and development (1). GTP binding stimulates the activity of Rac/Cdc42, and the hydrolysis of GTP to GDP through the protein's intrinsic GTPase activity, rendering it inactive. GTP hydrolysis is aided by GTPase activating proteins (GAPs), while exchange of GDP for GTP is facilitated by guanine nucleotide exchange factors (GEFs). Another level of regulation is achieved through the binding of RhoGDI, a guanine nucleotide dissociation inhibitor, which retains Rho family GTPases, including Rac and Cdc42, in their inactive GDP-bound state (2,3).
- Wennerberg, K. and Der, C.J. (2004) J Cell Sci 117, 1301-12.
- Bernards, A. and Settleman, J. (2004) Trends Cell Biol 14, 377-85.
- Rossman, K.L. et al. (2005) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 6, 167-80.
- Mythreye, K. and Blobe, G.C. (2009) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106, 8221-6. Applications: Western Blotting
- Cavnar, P.J. et al. (2012) J Biol Chem 287, 25466-77. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2461 Phospho-Rac1/cdc42 (Ser71) Antibody
- 2462 Cdc42 Antibody
- 9968 Rho-GTPase Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2466 Cdc42 (11A11) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.