Product Pathways - Development
PTCH2 (G1191) Antibody #2470
|W IP||H||Transfected Only||130||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PTCH2 (G1191) Antibody detects transfected levels of PTCH2 protein. It does not recognize transfected levels of human PTCH1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to a region (predicted to be intracellular) surrounding residue Gly1191 of human PTCH2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Patched1 and 2 (PTCH1 and PTCH2) are twelve-pass transmembrane proteins that function as the receiving receptors for members of the Hedgehog family of proteins (1-4). In the absence of Hedgehog proteins, PTCH suppresses the otherwise constitutively active signaling receptor Smoothened (Smo) so that the Hedgehog signaling pathway is in the off state (5,6). Deactivating mutations that impair the ability of PTCH1 to suppress Smo are frequently found in patients with nevoid basal cell carcinoma syndrome (7,8). PTCH proteins have a sterol-sensing domain (SSD) also found in several proteins that function in cholesterol homeostasis, such as HMGCR (3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A-reductase) and SCAP (sterol regulatory element-binding protein-cleavage activating protein). However, the role of the SSD in Patched proteins is not clear (9,10).
- Stone, D.M. et al. (1996) Nature 384, 129-134.
- Chen, Y. and Struhl, G. (1996) Cell 87, 553-563.
- Motoyama, J. et al. (1998) Nat. Genet. 18, 104-106.
- Smyth, I. et al. (1999) Hum. Mol. Genet. 8, 291-297.
- Ingham, P.W. and McMahon, A.P. (2001) Genes Dev. 15, 3059-3087.
- McMahon, A.P. et al. (2003) Curr. Top. Dev. Biol. 53, 1-114.
- Hahn, H. et al. (1996) Cell 85, 841-851.
- Johnson, R.L. et al. (1996) Science 272, 1668-1671.
- Kuwabara, P.E. and Labouesse, M. (2002) Trends Genet. 18, 193-201.
- Chang, T.Y. et al. (2006) Annu. Rev. Cell Dev. Biol. 22, 129-157.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2553 GLI1 Antibody
- 2464 PTCH2 (L849) Antibody
- 2271 Shh/Ihh Antibody
- 2287 Shh Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.