Product Pathways - Translational Control
eIF5 Antibody #2480
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||58||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
eIF5 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total eIF5 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence surrounding Val417 of human eIF5. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Eukaryotic translation initiation factor 5 (eIF5) is crucial for the assembly of translation initiation complex and plays an important role in protein synthesis (1). eIF5 interacts with the 43S initiation complex to stimulate hydrolysis of GTP bound to eIF2 (1-3). Studies suggest that eIF5 functions as the GTPase-activating protein (GAP) in the hydrolysis of GTP-bound eIF2 (4,5). This hydrolysis leads to the release of initiation factors from the 40S ribosomal subunit, which is a necessary step in the formation of the 80S initiation complex (1).
- Das, S. and Maitra, U. (2001) Prog. Nucleic Acid Res. Mol. Biol. 70, 207-231.
- Chakrabarti, A. and Maitra, U. (1991) J. Biol. Chem. 266, 14039-14045.
- Asano, K. et al. (2000) Genes Dev. 14, 2534-2546.
- Das, S. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 6720-6726.
- Paulin, F.E. et al. (2001) Curr. Biol. 11, 55-59.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4923 Non-phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr46) (87D12) Rabbit mAb
- 9452 4E-BP1 Antibody
- 9644 4E-BP1 (53H11) Rabbit mAb
- 2845 4E-BP2 Antibody
- 2297 4E-T Antibody
- 2490 eIF4A1 Antibody
- 3595 eIF2B-ε Antibody
- 3592 eIF4B Antibody
- 9742 eIF4E Antibody
- 2498 eIF4G Antibody
- 2217 S6 Ribosomal Protein (5G10) Rabbit mAb
- 2317 S6 Ribosomal Protein (54D2) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.