Product Pathways - Development
DLL3 (G93) Antibody #2483
|W IP||R (M)||Transfected Only||65||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
DLL3 (G93) Antibody detects transfected levels of DLL3. It does not recognize transfected levels of rat DLL1 and human DLL4.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to a region surrounding residue Gly93 of mouse DLL3. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Notch signaling is activated upon engagement of the Notch receptor with its ligands, the DSL (Delta, Serrate, Lag2) proteins of single-pass type I membrane proteins. The DSL proteins contain multiple EGF-like repeats and a DSL domain that is required for binding to Notch (1,2). Five DSL proteins have been identified in mammals: Jagged1, Jagged2, Delta-like (DLL) 1, 3 and 4 (3). Ligand binding to the Notch receptor results in two sequential proteolytic cleavages of the receptor by the ADAM protease and the γ-secretase complex. The intracellular domain of Notch is released and then translocates to the nucleus where it activates transcription. Notch ligands may also be processed in a way similiar to Notch, suggesting a bi-directional signaling through receptor-ligand interactions (4-6).
Mutations in DLL3 cause Spondylocostal dysostoses (SCD), a diverse group of disorders of axial skeletal malformation (7-10).
- Wilson, A. and Radtke, F. (2006) FEBS Lett. 580, 2860-2868.
- Hansson, E.M. et al. (2004) Semin. Cancer Biol. 14, 320-328.
- Chiba, S. (2006) Stem Cells 24, 2437-2447.
- Bland, C.E. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 13607-13610.
- Six, E. et al. (2003) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 100, 7638-7643.
- LaVoie, M.J. and Selkoe, D.J. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 34427-34437.
- Whittock, N.V. et al. (2004) Clin. Genet. 66, 67-72.
- Turnpenny, P.D. et al. (2003) J. Med. Genet. 40, 333-339.
- Bulman, M.P. et al. (2000) Nat. Genet. 24, 438-441.
- Bonafé, L. et al. (2003) Clin. Genet. 64, 28-35.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2155 Jagged1 (1C4) Rabbit mAb
- 2620 Jagged1 (28H8) Rabbit mAb
- 2205 Jagged2 (C83A8) Rabbit mAb
- 2210 Jagged2 (C23D2) Rabbit mAb
- 2421 Cleaved Notch1 (Val1744) Antibody
- 2423 Notch4 (L5C5) Mouse mAb
- 4608 MAML1 Antibody
- 4618 MAML2 Antibody
- 2733 Numb Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 3608 Notch1 (D1E11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4147 Cleaved Notch1 (Val1744) (D3B8) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.