Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
MALT1 Antibody #2494
|2494S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2494||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||90||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
MALT1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total MALT1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the carboxy terminus of mouse and rat MALT1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue translocation gene 1 (MALT1) is a paracaspase that is a critical mediator of T-cell receptor activation of NF-κB and may contribute to the progression of MALT lymphomas (1-4). It contains two immunoglobulin-like domains, an amino-terminal death domain and a carboxy-terminal caspase-like domain. Association of MALT1 with Bcl-10 and CARD11/Carma1 leads to activation of IKK and subsequent stimulation of NF-κB, resulting in increased proliferation and inhibition of apoptosis (5,6). A common translocation in MALT B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphomas t(11;18)(q21;q21) results in the fusion of the amino terminus of API2 (c-IAP2), a member of the inhibitor of apoptosis protein family, to the carboxy terminus of MALT1 (1,2). The API2-MALT1 fusion protein likely leads to deregulation of NF-κB, contributing to increased oncogenic potential (7).
- Akagi, T. et al. (1999) Oncogene 18, 5785-5794.
- Uren, A.G. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell 6, 961-967.
- Ruland, J. et al. (2003) Immunity 19, 749-758.
- Nakagawa, M. et al. (2006) Leukemia 20, 929-936.
- Che, T. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279, 15870-15876.
- Lucas, P.C. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 19012-19019.
- Ho, L. et al. (2005) Blood 105, 2891-2899.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4237 Bcl10 (C78F1) Rabbit mAb
- 4440 CARD11 Antibody
- 4435 CARD11 (1D12) Rabbit mAb
- 3033 Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser536) (93H1) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.