Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Stargazin Antibody #2503
|W||H M R||Endogenous||40||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Stargazin Antibody detects endogenous levels of total stargazin protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues of human stargazin. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Stargazin is a four-pass transmembrane protein related to VDCC (voltage dependent calcium channel) γ subunits and part of the TARP (transmembrane AMPA receptor regulatory protein) family of proteins. TARP proteins can form a complex with AMPA receptors (GluR1-4) and serve as integral auxiliary subunits (1-6).Interactions between stargazin and AMPA receptors are implicated in regulation of receptor surface expression, synaptic clustering and recycling, as well as increased receptor responsiveness to glutamate (1,2,5,6). Stargazin may play a role in the molecular mechanism of AMPAR-mediated inflammatory pain by taking part in signaling pathways that relay pain in the spinal cord (5). Because the protein also modulates the pharmacology of AMPA receptors, it enhances the effects of AMPAR potentiators that have therapeutic potential for a number of mental and neurodegenerative diseases (6).The carboxy terminus of the stargazin protein interacts with the PDZ domains of PSD95 and other membrane-associated guanylate kinase (MAGUK) family members, and together traffic AMPA receptors to the cell surface membrane, anchoring them to the postsynaptic site (1,7). Phosphorylation of stargazin by PKA on Thr321 inhibits this binding (3).
- Tomita, S. et al. (2005) Nature 435, 1052-1058.
- Priel, A. et al. (2005) J. Neurosci. 25, 2682-2686.
- Choi, J. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 12359-12363.
- Osten, P. and Stern-Bach, Y. (2006) Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 16, 275-280.
- Tao, F. et al. (2006) J. Neurosci. Res. 84, 867-873.
- Tomita, S. et al. (2006) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 103, 10064-10067.
- Schnell, E. et al. (2002) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 99, 13902-13907.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2460 AMPA Receptor (GluR 2/3/4) Antibody
- 2507 PSD95 Antibody
- 3381 Phospho-NMDAR1 (Ser890) Antibody
- 4781 Phospho-PKA C (Thr197) Antibody
- 4782 PKA C-α Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.