Product Pathways - Neuroscience
TrkA (14G6) Rabbit mAb #2508
|W IHC-P||H||Endogenous||140||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
TrkA (14G6) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total TrkA protein. This antibody does not cross-react with TrkB.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide surrounding Arg220 of human TrkA.
Western blot analysis of extracts from NIH/3T3, NIH/3T3-TrkA, NIH/3T3-TrkB and NIH/3T3-TrkC and K562 cells using TrkA (14G6) Rabbit mAb (upper) TrkB (80G2) Rabbit mAb Antibody #4607 (middle) and PLCγ1 Antibody #2822 (lower).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast using TrkA (14G6) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using Trk A (14G6) Rabbit mAb #2508 in the presence of control peptide (left) or Trk A Blocking Peptide #1435 (right).
The family of Trk receptor tyrosine kinases consists of TrkA, TrkB, and TrkC. While the sequence of these family members is highly conserved, they are activated by different neurotrophins: TrkA by NGF, TrkB by BDNF or NT4, and TrkC by NT3 (1). Neurotrophin signaling through these receptors regulates a number of physiological processes, such as cell survival, proliferation, neural development, and axon and dendrite growth and patterning (1). In the adult nervous system, the Trk receptors regulate synaptic strength and plasticity. TrkA regulates proliferation and is important for development and maturation of the nervous system (2). Phosphorylation at Tyr490 is required for Shc association and activation of the Ras-MAP kinase cascade (3,4). Residues Tyr674/675 lie within the catalytic domain, and phosphorylation at these sites reflects TrkA kinase activity (3-6). Point mutations, deletions, and chromosomal rearrangements (chimeras) cause ligand-independent receptor dimerization and activation of TrkA (7-10). TrkA is activated in many malignancies including breast, ovarian, prostate, and thyroid carcinomas (8-13). Research studies suggest that expression of TrkA in neuroblastomas may be a good prognostic marker as TrkA signals growth arrest and differentiation of cells originating from the neural crest (10).
- Huang, E.J. and Reichardt, L.F. (2003) Annu Rev Biochem 72, 609-42.
- Segal, R.A. and Greenberg, M.E. (1996) Annu Rev Neurosci 19, 463-89.
- Stephens, R.M. et al. (1994) Neuron 12, 691-705.
- Marsh, H.N. et al. (2003) J Cell Biol 163, 999-1010.
- Obermeier, A. et al. (1993) EMBO J 12, 933-41.
- Obermeier, A. et al. (1994) EMBO J 13, 1585-90.
- Arevalo, J.C. et al. (2001) Oncogene 20, 1229-34.
- Reuther, G.W. et al. (2000) Mol Cell Biol 20, 8655-66.
- Greco, A. et al. (1997) Genes Chromosomes Cancer 19, 112-23.
- Pierotti, M.A. and Greco, A. (2006) Cancer Lett 232, 90-8.
- Lagadec, C. et al. (2009) Oncogene 28, 1960-70.
- Greco, A. et al. (2010) Mol Cell Endocrinol 321, 44-9.
- Ødegaard, E. et al. (2007) Hum Pathol 38, 140-6.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9141 Phospho-TrkA (Tyr490) Antibody
- 2505 TrkA Antibody
- 4606 TrkB Antibody
- 2431 Phospho-Shc (Tyr317) Antibody
- 2432 Shc Antibody
- 3965 Ras Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 1435 TrkA Blocking Peptide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.