Product Pathways - Apoptosis
AP-2β Antibody #2509
|W IP IF-IC||H M R||Endogenous||49||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
AP-2β Antibody detects endogenous levels of total AP-2β protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human AP-2β. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The sequence-specific transcription factor activator protein 2β (AP-2β) is required for normal kidney development (1). AP-2β knockout mice die 1-2 days after birth due to polycystic kidney disease (1). Massive apoptosis occured during kidney deveopment at the end of embryogenesis in these mice (1). Overexpressed AP-2β has been to found to suppress c-myc-induced apoptosis, indicating a role of this transcription factor in cell survival (1). In addition, overexpression of AP-2β is shown to be related to impaired insulin signaling in adipocytes, and is therefore proposed to be a candidate gene that may relate to obesity (2).
- Moser, M. et al. (1997) Genes Dev. 11, 1938-1148.
- Tao, Y. et al. (2006) Endocrinology 147, 1685-1696.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3208 AP-2α Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.