Product Pathways - Development
SUFU (C54G2) Rabbit mAb #2520
|2520S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2520||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||54||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
SUFU (C54G2) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous level of total SUFU protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu458 of human SUFU.
SUFU (Suppressor of Fused) was identified in Drosophila as a suppressor of the Fused (Fu) kinase that is essential for Hedgehog signaling during embryonic pattern formation (1). SUFU suppresses Hedgehog signaling by regulating the localization of the transcription factors Gli and Ci (2,3). In Drosophila, SUFU may also positively regulate Hedgehog signaling depending on SUFU protein levels and Hedgehog signal intensity (4). SUFU may function as a tumor suppressor as inactivation and loss of heterozygosity of SUFU is associated with human rhabdomyosarcomas and medulloblastomas (5,6). Deletion of SUFU in mice results in embryonic lethality, while heterozygotes exhibit developmental defects characteristic of basal cell nevus syndrome. This aberrant developmental pathway is attributed to ligand-independent activation of Hedgehog signaling (7). GSK-3β binds and phosphorylates SUFU in vitro and additional information predicts that GSK-3β may positively regulate Hedgehog signaling through modification of SUFU (8).
- Pham, A. et al. (1995) Genetics 140, 587-598.
- Barnfield, P.C. et al. (2005) Differentiation 73, 397-405.
- Méthot, N. and Basler, K. (2000) Development 127, 4001-4010.
- Dussillol-Godar, F. et al. (2006) Dev. Biol. 291, 53-66.
- Tostar, U. et al. (2006) J. Pathol. 208, 17-25.
- Taylor, M.D. et al. (2002) Nat. Genet. 31, 306-310.
- Svärd, J. et al. (2006) Dev. Cell. 10, 187-197.
- Takenaka, K. et al. (2007) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 353, 501-508.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2553 GLI1 Antibody
- 2464 PTCH2 (L849) Antibody
- 2470 PTCH2 (G1191) Antibody
- 2287 Shh Antibody
- 2271 Shh/Ihh Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.