Product Pathways - Development
Wnt5a/b (C27E8) Rabbit mAb #2530
|W||H M||Endogenous||45||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Wnt5a/b (C27E8) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of Wnt5a and Wnt5b proteins. This antibody cross-reacts with an unidentified protein between 55 and 60 kDa.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Glu201 of Isoform 1 and Glu186 of Isoform 2 of the human Wnt5a protein. This antibody works to detect both isoforms of human Wnt5a protein.
The Wnt family includes several secreted glycoproteins that play important roles in animal development (1). There are 19 Wnt genes in the human genome that encode functionally distinct Wnt proteins (2). Wnt members bind to the Frizzled family of seven-pass transmembrane proteins and activate several signaling pathways (3). The canonical Wnt/β-catenin pathway also requires a coreceptor from the low-density lipoprotein receptor family (4). Aberrant activation of Wnt signaling pathways is involved in several types of cancers (5).
Wnt-5a has been shown to signal through the canonical Wnt pathways as well as through non-canonical pathways and is up-regulated in various types of human cancers (6-8). In melanoma, Wnt5a is thought to directly affect cell motility and metastasis (9).
- Cadigan, K.M. and Nusse, R. (1997) Genes Dev. 11, 3286-3305.
- Moon, R.T. et al. (1997) Trends Genet. 13, 157-162.
- Kohn, A.D. and Moon, R.T. (2004) Cell Calcium 38, 439-446.
- Logan, C.Y. and Nusse, R. (2004) Annu. Rev. Cell Dev. Biol. 20, 781-810.
- Giles, R.H. et al. (2003) Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1653, 1-24.
- Mikels, A.J. and Nusse, R. (2006) PLoS Biol. 4, e115.
- Katoh, M. and Katoh, M. (2007) Int. J. Mol. Med. 19, 273-278.
- Katoh, M. (2005) Oncol. Rep. 14, 1583-1588.
- Weeraratna, A.T. et al. (2002) Cancer Cell 1, 279-288.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2391 Wnt3a Antibody
- 2560 LRP6 (C5C7) Rabbit mAb
- 2568 Phospho-LRP6 (Ser1490) Antibody
- 3224 Dvl2 (30D2) Rabbit mAb
- 3216 Dvl2 Antibody
- 3218 Dvl3 Antibody
- 2201 Naked1 (C30F10) Rabbit mAb
- 2262 Naked1 Antibody
- 2151 Axin2 (76G6) Rabbit mAb
- 2203 TCF1 (C63D9) Rabbit mAb
- 2206 TCF1 (C46C7) Rabbit mAb
- 2230 LEF1 (C12A5) Rabbit mAb
- 2286 LEF1 (C18A7) Rabbit mAb
- 2565 TCF4 (C9B9) Rabbit mAb
- 9562 β-Catenin Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.