Product Pathways - Adhesion
Paxillin Antibody #2542
|W||H M R Mk B Pg||Endogenous||68||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey B=Bovine Pg=Pig
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Paxillin Antibody detects endogenous levels of total paxillin protein. The antibody does not cross-react with related proteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy-terminus of human paxillin. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Paxillin is a multidomain protein that localizes primarily to focal adhesion sites in the extracellular matrix (1). Paxillin is one of the key components of integrin signaling, and tyrosine phosphorylation of paxillin is required for integrin-mediated cytoskeletal reorganization (2). Paxillin is phosphorylated by another focal adhesion component, focal adhesion kinase (FAK), at Tyr118 (3,4). Phospho-FAK (Tyr118) may provide a docking site for recruitment of other signaling molecules to focal adhesions. It has been shown that the SH2 domain of Crk binds to the phosphorylated Tyr118 of paxillin (5).
- Turner, C.E. (2000) J. Cell Sci. 113, 4139-4140.
- Burridge, K. et al. (1992) J. Cell Biol. 119, 893-903.
- Bellis, S. L. et al. (1995) J. Biol. Chem. 270, 17437-17441.
- Bellis, S. L. et al. (1997) Biochem. J. 325, 375-381.
- Schaller, M.D. and Parsons, J.T. (1995) Mol. Cell. Biol. 15, 2635-2645.
- Zaytseva, Y.Y. et al. (2012) Cancer Res 72, 1504-17. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2541 Phospho-Paxillin (Tyr118) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.