Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Phospho-cdc2 (Thr14) Antibody #2543
|W||H Hm Mk (M) (R) (Dm) (X) (B)||Endogenous||34||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey Dm=D. melanogaster X=Xenopus B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-cdc2 (Thr14) Antibody detects endogenous levels of cdc2 (CDK1) only when phosphorylated at Thr14. Based on sequence similarity, the antibody may cross-react with CDK2 and CDK3.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr14 of human cdc2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from hydroxyurea-treated HT29 cells, aphidicolin-treated HeLa cells, and asynchronous and mitotic CHO cells using Phospho-cdc2 (Thr14) Antibody.
The entry of eukaryotic cells into mitosis is regulated by cdc2 kinase activation, a process controlled at several steps including cyclin binding and phosphorylation of cdc2 at Thr161 (1). However, the critical regulatory step in activating cdc2 during progression into mitosis appears to be dephosphorylation of cdc2 at Thr14 and Tyr15 (2). Phosphorylation at Thr14 and Tyr15, resulting in inhibition of cdc2, can be carried out by Wee1 and Myt1 protein kinases (3,4). The cdc25 phosphatase may be responsible for removal of phosphates at Thr14 and Tyr15 and subsequent activation of cdc2 (1,5).
- Atherton-Fessler, S. et al. (1994) Mol. Biol. Cell. 5, 989-1001.
- Norbury, C. et al. (1991) EMBO. J. 10, 3321-3329.
- McGowan, C.H. and Russell, P. (1993) EMBO J. 12, 75-85.
- Wells, N.J. et al. (1999) J. Cell. Sci. 112, 3361-3371.
- Hunter, T. (1995) Cell 80, 225-236.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9111 Phospho-cdc2 (Tyr15) Antibody
- 4539 Phospho-cdc2 (Tyr15) (10A11) Rabbit mAb
- 9114 Phospho-cdc2 (Thr161) Antibody
- 9112 cdc2 Antibody
- 9116 cdc2 (POH1) Mouse mAb
- 4135 Cyclin B1 (V152) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.