Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Phospho-FGF Receptor 1 (Tyr766) (1E5) Rabbit mAb #2544
|W||H||Transfected Only||120, 145||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-FGF Receptor 1 (Tyr766) (1E5) Rabbit mAb detects transfected levels of FGFR-1 only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 766. The antibody may cross-react with other FGFR family members and some activated protein tyrosine kinases including EGFR and insulin/IGF-I receptors.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr766 of human FGF receptor-1.
Western blot analysis of cell extracts from COS cells overexpressing human FGFR1 and control COS cells, using Phospho-FGF Receptor-1 (Tyr766) (1E5) Rabbit mAb. Before antibody probing, the transferred membrane was untreated (upper) or CIP treated (lower) to confirm the phospho-specificity of the antibody.
Fibroblast growth factors (FGFs) produce mitogenic and angiogenic effects in target cells by signaling through cell surface receptor tyrosine kinases. There are four members of the FGF receptor family: FGFR1 (flg), FGFR2 (bek, KGFR), FGFR3, and FGFR4. Each receptor contains an extracellular ligand binding domain, a transmembrane domain, and a cytoplasmic kinase domain (1). Following ligand binding and dimerization, the receptors are phosphorylated at specific tyrosine residues (2). Seven tyrosine residues in the cytoplasmic tail of FGFR1 can be phosphorylated: Tyr463, 583, 585, 653, 654, 730, and 766. Tyr653 and Tyr654 are important for catalytic activity of activated FGFR and are essential for signaling (3). The other phosphorylated tyrosine residues may provide docking sites for downstream signaling components such as Crk and PLCγ (4,5).
Autophosphorylation of Tyr766 of FGFR1 is critical for phospholipase C (PLC) binding and activation and also plays a role in the negative regulation of FGFR1 activity in vivo (6).
- Powers, C.J. et al. (2000) Endocr Relat Cancer 7, 165-97.
- Reilly, J.F. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 7771-8.
- Mohammadi, M. et al. (1996) Mol Cell Biol 16, 977-89.
- Mohammadi, M. et al. (1991) Mol Cell Biol 11, 5068-78.
- Larsson, H. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 25726-34.
- Partanen, J. et al. (1998) Genes Dev 12, 2332-44.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3471 Phospho-FGF Receptor (Tyr653/654) Antibody
- 3472 FGF Receptor 1 Antibody
- 3476 Phospho-FGF Receptor (Tyr653/654) (55H2) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.