Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
CDK2 (78B2) Rabbit mAb #2546
|W IP F||H M R Mk||Endogenous||33||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CDK2 (78B2) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total CDK2 protein. The antibody does not cross-react with other CDKs.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues of human CDK2 .
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, NIH/3T3, C6 and COS cells, using CDK2 (78B2) Rabbit mAb.
Cyclin-dependent kinase 2 (p33CDK2) is an important component of the cell cycle machinery. Like p34cdc2, kinase activity is regulated by phosphorylation state as well as association with a cyclin subunit and a CDK inhibitor. Inhibitory phosphorylation occurs on Thr14 and Tyr15 (1). Inhibition of CDK2-cyclin complexes can also be attributed to association with p27 Kip1 and p21 Waf1/Cip1 (2). Activation of CDK2 complexes requires dephosphorylation of Thr14 and Tyr15 by cdc25 phosphatase and phosphorylation of Thr160 (3), which is mediated by CAK, a complex of CDK7 and cyclin H (4). CDK2/cyclin E kinase activity is important for the G1 to S transition and phosphorylation of the Rb protein. During S-phase, active CDK2/cyclin A complexes predominate and phosphorylate E2F and the active CDK2 complex persists in the nucleus throughout G2 (5).
- Morgan, D.O. (1995) Nature 374, 131-134.
- Poon, R.Y. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 13283-13291.
- Gu, Y. et al. (1992) EMBO J. 11, 3995-4005.
- Fesquet, D. et al. (1993) EMBO J. 12, 3111-3121.
- Morgan, D.O. (1997) Annu. Rev. Cell Dev. Biol. 13, 261-291.
- Zhang, S. et al. (2009) Mol Cancer Res 7, 570-80. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2561 Phospho-CDK2 (Thr160) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.