Product Pathways - Translational Control
EDC4/Ge-1 Antibody #2548
|2548S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2548||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Monkey||Endogenous||170||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
EDC4/Ge-1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total EDC4/Ge-1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human EDC4/Ge-1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293 and Hep G2 cells using EDC4/Ge-1 Antibody.
Enhancer of mRNA decapping 4 (EDC4) was originally identified as the autoantigen Ge-1 from a Sjögren's syndrome patient later diagnosed with primary biliary cirrhosis (1). EDC4 (also known as HEDLS) was later identified as an essential component of cytoplasmic P-bodies responsible for mRNA decapping and degradation (2). Identified EDC4 protein is found as a pair of isoforms generated by alternative splicing and contains several WD domains and a putative nuclear localization signal. EDC4 co-localizes with other P-body decapping proteins such as DCP1A, DCP2 and GW182 (2,3). Experimental evidence suggests that EDC4 may be involved in miRNA-mediated translation repression (4).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9407 DDX6/RCK Antibody
- 9388 Argonaute 1 Antibody
- 2897 Argonaute 2 (C34C6) Rabbit mAb
- 3363 Dicer Antibody
- 3364 Drosha (D28B1) Rabbit mAb
- 3410 Drosha (D30F3) Rabbit mAb
- 4049 THEX1 Antibody
- 4052 THEX1 (D2B4) Rabbit mAb
- 4055 THEX1 (D66A11) Rabbit mAb
- 4317 FMRP Antibody
- 4524 FMRP (G468) Antibody
- 4173 FXR1 Antibody
- 4264 FXR1 (L662) Antibody
- 4247 FXR2 Antibody
- 2071 Mili Antibody
- 2079 Miwi (G82) Antibody
- 2025 Miwi (D478) Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.