Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
p27 Kip1 Antibody #2552
|W IP||H M R||Endogenous||27||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
p27 Kip1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total p27 protein. The antibody may recognize p57 Kip2
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of mouse p27. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
p27 Kip1 is a member of the Cip/Kip family of cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors. Like its relatives, p57 Kip2 and p21 Waf1/Cip1, the ability to enforce the G1 restriction point is derived from its inhibitory binding to CDK2/cyclin E and other CDK/cyclin complexes. Expression levels of p27 are upregulated in quiescent cells and in cells treated with cAMP or other negative cell cycle regulators. Downregulation of p27 can be induced by treatment with interleukin-2 or other mitogens; this involves phosphorylation of p27 and its degradation by the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway (1-4).
- Lloyd, R.V. et al. (1999) Am. J. Pathol. 154, 313-323.
- Polyak, K. et al. (1994) Genes Dev. 8, 9-22.
- Kato, J.Y. et al. (1994) Cell 79, 487-496.
- Vlach, J. et al. (1997) EMBO J. 16, 5334-5344.
- Chang, S.F. et al. (2008) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105, 3927-32. Applications: Western Blotting
- Zhang, S. et al. (2009) Mol Cancer Res 7, 570-80. Applications: ICC-IF Western Blotting
- Weisberg, E. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e25351. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9110 PhosphoPlus® cdc2 (Tyr15) Antibody Kit
- 9111 Phospho-cdc2 (Tyr15) Antibody
- 9112 cdc2 Antibody
- 9114 Phospho-cdc2 (Thr161) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.