Product Pathways - Development
GLI1 Antibody #2553
|2553S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2553||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
GLI1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total GLI1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly420 of human GLI1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography
GLI was first identified as a gene amplified in a malignant glioma (1) capable of transforming primary cells in cooperation with adenovirus E1A (2). GLI belongs to the Kruppel family of zinc finger proteins that includes three mammalian GLI proteins: GLI1, GLI2, and GLI3 (3). These GLI proteins are similar to the Drosophila homolog Cubitus interruptus (Ci) and function as transcription factors activated by the Hedgehog signaling pathway. Hedgehog signaling plays an important role in animal development, and research studies have shown that this pathway is aberrantly activated in many types of cancers (4,5).
GLI1 itself is a transcriptional target of the Hedgehog signaling pathway (6-8) and is used as a marker of Hedgehog signaling activation in cancer research (9,10).
- Kinzler, K.W. et al. (1987) Science 236, 70-3.
- Ruppert, J.M. et al. (1991) Mol Cell Biol 11, 1724-8.
- Kinzler, K.W. et al. (1988) Nature 332, 371-4.
- Ingham, P.W. and McMahon, A.P. (2001) Genes Dev 15, 3059-87.
- McMahon, A.P. et al. (2003) Curr Top Dev Biol 53, 1-114.
- Lee, J. et al. (1997) Development 124, 2537-2552.
- Dahmane, N. et al. (1997) Nature 389, 876-881.
- Dai, P. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 8143-8152.
- Watkins, D.N. et al. (2003) Nature 422, 313-317.
- Karhadkar, S.S. et al. (2004) Nature 431, 707-712.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2287 Shh Antibody
- 2271 Shh/Ihh Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.