Product Pathways - Companion Products
GFP Antibody #2555
|W IHC-P||All||Transfected Only||27||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: All=All species expected
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Specificity / Sensitivity
GFP Antibody detects GFP, YFP, and CFP-tagged proteins exogenously expressed in cells. This antibody does not detect RFP-tagged proteins. Please note that the GFP, YFP, and CFP tags add approximately 27 kDa to the molecular weight of the fusion protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic GFP peptide. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS-7 cells, mock transfected (lane 1) or expressing GFP-tagged fusion protein (lane 2), using GFP Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded HCC827 cells control (left) or GFP-transfected (right) using GFP Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded normal mouse lung (left) and C57BL/6-Tg(CAG-EGFP)10sb/J mouse lung (The Jackson Laboratory) (right) using GFP Antibody.
Epitope tags are useful for the labeling and detection of proteins using immunoblotting, immunoprecipitation, and immunostaining techniques. Because of their small size, they are unlikely to affect the tagged protein's biochemical properties.
The green-fluorescent protein (GFP) functions as a bioluminescence energy transfer acceptor in the jellyfish Aequorea that maximally absorbs light at 395 nm and has an emission spectrum that peaks at 509 nm. GFP has become a very useful tool as a fusion protein that reports gene expression, traces cell lineages and defines subcellular protein localizations (1).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2372 β-Gal (14B7) Mouse mAb
- 2624 GST (26H1) Mouse mAb
- 2367 HA-Tag (6E2) Mouse mAb
- 2365 His-Tag Antibody
- 2396 MBP (8G1) Mouse mAb
- 2276 Myc-Tag (9B11) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.